v. Betrayal

The next morning when Amelia wakes up, she gets ready for school and grabs her backpack before she leaves her room

The next morning when Amelia wakes up, she gets ready for school and grabs her backpack before she leaves her room. She runs into Pepper once she walks into the living room. The strawberry blonde smiles at the nine year old and says, "Good morning, Amelia. Are you ready for school?"

The dark haired girl nods her head as she replies, "Yeah. I was just about to go see daddy and say goodbye to him before Happy takes me." Pepper briefly nods her head as the two head to Tony's workshop.

As they walk down the stairs, they can hear Tony speaking due to the broken glass at the entrance of the workshop, "Hey! Ow! Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!"

The billionaire groans out in pain as JARVIS informs him, "Well it is a tight fit, sir." Both Pepper and Amelia stop when they see the broken glass as JARVIS speaks once more, "Sir, the more you struggle, the more this is going to hurt."

Pepper looks up and stares at Tony, who tells JARVIS, "Be gentle. This is my first time." Pepper guides Amelia into the room through the broken glass, where they see a bunch of robots trying to get Tony out of his iron suit. "I designed this to come off, so..." A robot pulls hard on Tony's arm, causing him to groan out in pain, "Ow! Hey. I really should be able to..."

JARVIS speaks up, cutting Tony off, "Please try not to move, sir."

As the little girl and the strawberry blonde get closer to Tony, Pepper asks, "What's going on here?" The nine year old looks between her father and his assistant.

Tony looks over his shoulder at the two and replies to Pepper, "Let's face it. This is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."

Pepper stares at Tony with her mouth agape before she asks, "Are those bullet holes?"

A smile spreads on Amelia's face as she whips her head to her father and exclaims when she catches sight of the bullet holes riddling the red and gold armor, "Cool!"

Pepper looks down at Amelia and tells her, "That is so not cool. Your father could have gotten hurt." She turns her head to the older Stark and scolds, "Or worse..." The strawberry blonde trails off, trying not to think of the worst case scenario.

Amelia briefly looks down to the ground before she turns her attention to her father as he addresses her, "Sprout. Why don't you head on upstairs? Happy should be here to take you to school soon."

Amelia nods her head and says, "Bye daddy. Bye Pepper. I'll see you after school." The nine year old turns around and walks out of the workshop as the two adults wish her a good day at school.

•••

When Amelia gets home from school, she goes down to her father's workshop and finds him working on the suit near his desk. She walks over and greets him as she sits down close to him before she pulls out her homework. About an hour later, Pepper walks into the workshop just as Amelia finishes her math problems. When Tony spots his assistant, he says, "Hey. You busy? You mind if I send you on an errand?" Pepper walks over to stand in front of the desk with her hands on her hips as the billionaire meets her on the opposite side of the table, "I need you to go to my office."