21

TW— panic attack
Your POV

Fire. Everywhere. Girls running and screaming, bodies littering the ground, panicked faces scrambling around you.

You're standing at the West door of the Springs, looking in as your friends fight against the Grievers, as your home burns the the ground. Smoke billows all around the village and animals run rampant past your feet. You spot Bella running for the forest, just a flash of brown hair. Sonya and Harriet fight off the Grievers with spears at the entrance along with Miyoko, as the other girls gather supplies— for what, you're not sure.

You run towards them, grabbing a machete from the side of the Big House and join Sonya and Harriet.

"We need Y/N!", Harriet shouts and your brows furrow in confusion.

"I'm right here"

"I know, but she's gone", Sonya whimpers. You wave your hand in front of her face but she doesn't flinch.

"I'm right here guys! Hello!!", your voice rises in panic. You drop your weapon and run into the forest after Bella, who sits curled up in a tree. Her tiny body shakes slightly, and you can hear her sobbing. You sit next to her and wrap your arm around her shoulders, but she doesn't acknowledge you.

"Y/N, come back. Please, we need you", she whispers between sobs.

You rub her back soothingly but she just shivers at your touch, to which you pull away. It's like you're not even there. Can't they see you? Feel you?

"I'm here Bella, I'm here", you whisper as tears pool in your eyes.

Black dust fills the scene, like ash, and swirls heavily. You cough, and try to reach out for Bella but she's not there anymore. The clouds of ash thicken and you can't help but inhale it. Your eyes, nose, mouth, all filled with dust and you cough and gag, trying to escape it but you can't.

"We're your family Y/N. Not them"

———————

You jump awake, still coughing uncontrollably. Your hands fly to your throat; you can still feel the dust powdering your lungs. You blink a few times as you come to your senses. You're in the Glade, safe and sound. The sun is low behind the walls and everyone is still asleep. Except Newt, who you just woke up.

"Y/N, Love, are you alright?", Newt asks, sitting up and placing his hand on your shoulder.

"I— yeah, I'm fine", you say, shaking your head, "just a nightmare".

But it wasn't just a nightmare, it was more then that. It was like a warning, or a vision...now you just sound psychotic. It was probably nothing, right? It's nothing, just a dream.
But those last words keep ringing through your head, 'We're your family Y/N. Not them'

"Here love, come with me", Newt says, taking your hand and dragging your half asleep self to the North wall. The early morning air is crisp, and the grass is covered in dew drops that tickle your bare feet. Newt does this all the time, drags you off to unknown places and acts all mysterious; one of these days he's going to lead you off a cliff.

He stops in front of a wall with names carved into the stone. A few of them are crossed out. You run your fingers across the indents and look up at Newt.

"Why'd you take me here?"

He hands you a knife and a rock, flashing you a small smile, "Add your name"

"What? But I'm not a Glader", you protest, shoving the knife and stone back into his hands.

"You've been here almost a month. You saved Minho and Alby, you've done more then most of the guys here. You're a Glader now"