20

Your POV

You and Newt talked for hours, laying on the blanket, watching the stars, kissing. You talked about anything and everything. The Maze, what's beyond it. You even made up some theories. Your favourite was Newts theory that you were all on a reality TV show, and that's what the cameras and beetle blades were for.
It was long past midnight now and you decided to go back to the Homestead.

Newt and you tiptoe through the forest and then sneak back to the hammocks. The ground is littered with boys in sleeping bags, and you nearly trip over them.

"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom", you whisper to Newt who nods.

You creep through the Homestead to the bathroom, sneaking a peek into Alby's room; he seemed to be getting slightly better. The veins were less pronounced and he isn't screaming. That's good right? His breathing is heavy, but even. You have hope that he'll wake up.

You go to the bathroom and when you walk out you see Newt leaning against the wall in the living area of the Homestead.

"Hey Newt, are we going to go outside now", you ask yawning a little.

He smirks mischievously and slowly walks towards you. You squint at him a let out a chuckle, "Newt...."

He pins his hands by your sides, gripping the table. His face is less then an inch away and his breath mixes with yours in the minuscule space between you.  His lips brush yours teasingly and you close the gap, pressing your lips to his. Your hands move to the back of his neck, your fingers swirling in his golden locks. His hands meet your waist and rest there a moment before hoisting you effortlessly onto the table. His cool hand touches a spot of bare skin and you shiver.

You're now at eye level and you stare into deep brown eyes, but the chocolaty colour looks dark, black almost. His lips move to your jaw as he places little kisses along your neck. Your hands move along his back, slipping under his shirt as you press your cold hand against his warm skin, and you feel him tense. You tug at the hem of his shirt slightly when suddenly there's a loud bang from another room. You both jump apart and look around in fear.

"What was that?", you whisper-shout.

"I don't know. It was probably just Alby", Newt replies in the same hushed tone. You both squint into the darkness for a moment before meeting each other's gaze again

He turns and flashes you a crooked smirk and your face heats up to a bright shade of red. His eyes don't leave yours as he lifts his shirt over his head and your face gets somehow redder, turning from crimson to vermilion. You can't help but to stare at his defined stomach. He notices how flustered you are and kisses you again, smiling against your lips.

You're frozen, stuck in ice. You don't know how to react. His hands slip under your shirt and pull it over your head, and that snaps you back to reality. You cross your arms across your chest and sit there, refusing to look at him.

"Hey.... Love? Hey," he whispers, placing his right hand under your chin and his other one in your hand, "you're beautiful Love. And I love you. I don't want to make you uncomfortable; if you are then just say so".

You look into his eyes again and the dark lust is replaced by kindness. He's so sweet and caring and polite, it melts your heart. When you don't answer he starts to step back, seeing how tense you are, but you pull him in for another kiss before he can leave.

Your kiss deepens and you tangle your fingers in his hair once again. He whispers things into your ear, and his cool breath makes you shiver.