2

When you wake up your in a partly-familiar room.
You lay on a bed in a dark room made of sticks and logs, similar to the medical room in the Springs.
You hear whispers coming from outside, but when you try to stand up your head rings like you got hit with a hammer.

Groaning, you lay back down. You reach up and feel your head wrapped in bandages. You notice that you no longer have the Griever blood on you, and your clothes are cleaner then you remember, so somebody bathed you.
That thought disturbs you.

"Hello?" you call out.
The whispering from outside stops, and three people enter the room.
And that's when you know that this isn't the Springs.
Because the people that enter are all boys.

The boy on the left has a dark complexion and a shaved head with eyes so dark they appear black. The boy in the middle is Asian with black hair and a crooked grin.
You look to the final boy, with his sandy blonde hair and deep brown eyes and suddenly your head burns, even worse then before when you tried to sit up. This pain is somehow both a sharp pain, but also a deep ache. You clutch your head and squeeze your eyes shut.

After the pain comes a memory.

"Newt, c'mon", you say with a smile, pulling the blonde boy along with you. You must be about thirteen-fourteen.
"I don't know Y/N. This doesn't seem like a good idea".
"Yeah, I know. But nothing I do is a good idea". You continue skipping down the dark hallway.
Newt chuckles, "you could at least be a little more inconspicuous".
You roll your eyes, even though he can't see it in the darkness.
"We're almost there—," you start, but your cut off by the sound of a gun cocking. Suddenly light shines on your face, temporarily blinding you.
The guard holds his gun at the ready, but your too quick.
"Run!" You shout to Newt, and you both sprint away. But instead of running to safety, you run straight at the guard.
You get one last look at Newt before he turns the corner—oblivious to the fact that your not behind him—and the guard seizes you.

You jump when a hand is placed on your shoulder, snapping you out of your daze, and your hand flies out, connecting with someones face.
"Ah, shuck!" The Asian boy exclaims from beside you. The other boys laugh as the injured one backs away from you.

"So, your awake", the bald boy remarks.
"Who are you? Why am I here? Where are the Icers?". Your questions rush out and the Asian boy shushes you.
"Calm down slinthead. I found you unconscious in the Maze a couple days ago, somehow not killed by the Grievers, and brought you back here. This is the Glade".
Slinthead? Glade?
You don't say anything so the Asian kid continues, "I'm Minho, this is Alby, and this
is—,"
"Newt" you whisper and they all stare at you.

"How'd you know my name?" Newt asks,with his beautiful British accent.
How do you know his name? You had a memory of him, but that doesn't explain how you recognized him, or why you had a memory.
Everyone sent up in the Crate in the Springs has no memory except for their names, and only people who've been stung remember things.
"I... I don't know", you shrug.
They all squint suspiciously at you.

"So, what's your name? How did you get in the Maze?", Alby asks.
"My names Y/N", you answer hesitantly, unsure of whether or not to trust these strangers, "and I was running in the Maze when I got lost. I was out there for a couple days but then I tripped and blacked out".

"But where did you come from?" Newt asks.
"The Springs", you answer simply.
"What's that?" Minho's brow furrows.
"It's a village at the centre of the Maze. Cold, often snowing, all girls..." you drift off when you see their confused faces.
"So there's a place that's basically the complete opposite of the Glade?" Alby asks, more to himself.

The boys turn and mutter to each other in hushed tones. Every once in a while they'll all turn to look at you. You get fed up pretty quick.
"What?" You ask impatiently.
The boys break apart and look at you.
Alby shakes his head, "we're just tryna figure out what's going on. And also whether or not we tell the other Gladers".

Your about to ask what a Glader is when someone walks in; a tall, quite muscular boy with black hair and a few freckles. But even though his face is blank and expressionless, he has an evil appearance. Like the kind of guy you don't wanna mess with.

"Tell the other Gladers what?", he inquires with a grin, strutting into the room.
Alby, Minho and Newt all force him back, making a sort of wall around your bed.
"Nothing Gally". Newt says firmly, but Gally peeks over his shoulder and sees you sitting on the bed.
"Holy shuck..." he mutters. Alby Minho and Newt groan and step aside.

"A girl? Where'd she come from?", Gally asks the boys as if you couldn't hear him.
"The Maze", Minho answers shortly, leaning against a support beam. You can tell nobody likes Gally.

Gally steps towards you and you scoot back. You don't like Gally either. Something about him doesn't feel right.
"What's her name?", Gally asks over his shoulder at the boys.
That pisses you off.
"Y/N. My name's Y/N". You answer.
He seems surprised that you spoke.

Gally leans back and you stand up, ignoring the ringing in your head and the dizziness. You wobble side to side a bit but Newt puts his hand on your shoulder to support you. Warmth spreads through your body at the contact and you feel your face get hot.
"Alright Greenie?", Newt asks and you nod; though you weren't sure what Greenie meant.

Brushing past all the boys—despite their protests—, you step out the door and into the sun. Shielding your eyes, you look around at the green and beautiful fields and forest. Boys all over the place are working, building and gardening and herding.
The smell of livestock and fresh air fills your nose.

Some people notice you, pointing and whispering to each other, some slowly approaching, but you ignore them.

All you can feel is panic, despite the beauty of the village. This place— this warm, sunny place is so unlike your home.
This most definitely isn't the Springs.
This is the Glade.

A/N: I decided to describe Gally as he is in the books rather then the movies, in case you were wondering.
I don't know if this is good or not :/ but oh well. I'm trying.
Thank you for reading, please comment and maybe tag your friends.
Thank you for reading!
-A3