11

Newt and you were curled up on the bed in the Homestead, him tracing small circles on your back giving you shivers.
Night had fallen and most of the Gladers were asleep, but you were thinking about too many things.

What was the voice in your head? Were you crazy? Who is Thomas and what did he have to do with your past life? And the question that never went away: how did you get here, and why?

It tends to drive a person mad, asking too many questions which nobody could answer.
Newt must've sensed your frustration, and he lightly pecks the top of your head.

"What's wrong, my love?"
Ugghhh his voice is so beautiful, and your heart still melts whenever he calls you 'Love'.

"I just have too many questions", you murmur with a sigh.
He strokes your hair, soothing you.

"Don't worry about anything, you're safe".

You wanted argue, saying that you were actually the opposite of safe, but you decided against it, not wanting to annoy Newt who has only been helpful and kind.

You're about to say something when you hear snoring. You look up and see Newt fast asleep. He's so cute when he sleeps.

You close your eyes too, attempting to force sleep upon yourself, pushing all questions and concerns aside, focusing only on the fact that you're here with Newt.

You don't remember falling asleep, but the next thing you know you're in a dark room, tied to a rusty metal chair.

"Help!" You scream, "Newt! Minho! Someone, help!!".

A flash of white light shines into your eye and you squeeze your eyes shut due to temporary blindness.
You blink a couple of times until your eyes adjust and see Thomas and Teresa standing in front of you holding a flashlight.

"Thomas, Teresa", you sigh in relief, "you scared me. Come help me untie these ropes, wouldya?".

Thomas looks at you sadly, while Teresa's expression remains stone cold.

A figure approaches behind them, stepping into the light and revealing the tight face of Ava Paige.

You scowl at her in disgust. You and Ava have a complicated history, but now she is nothing but another one of the evil kidnappers that work for W.I.C.K.E.D.

You look between Thomas and Teresa, two of your closest friends—correction: two of your only friends— and realization dawns on you. The crisp white clothes. The "special project" that the Elites were given. The secret conversations between the two of them. The sad looks they gave you, Newt, Minho, and Alby.

They're working with W.I.C.K.E.D.

Betrayal sinks in along with the anger leaving you staring expressionless at Thomas. Ava sits down in a chair in front of you, causing you to snap your attention to her.

"Y/N, what a coincidence seeing you here. While your sitting, why don't we have a little chat", Ava asks, feigning innocence.

"Let. Me. Go. I've already told you I'm not going to do your dirty work", you spit.

"But I so kindly trained you to prepare you specifically for this. You should be honoured".

"Yes, getting brutalized until I do what you say is truly a gift, isn't it?"

Ava stands up, stepping towards you until her face is mere inches from yours; her act of innocence completely disappeared.