Chapter 16

We spend most of the night watching TV and eating snacks after dinner. When the third movie ends we decide to clean my cut before we forget.

    "Come on, we should have stuff for your head in the bathroom," Chloe takes my hand in hers and leads me to the bathroom. Her hands are really soft. 

    She motions for me to sit on the toilet seat as she looks for the stuff we need. When she finds it she sets it next to me and starts moving around me. 

    "What are you doing?" I question as she moves from my left to my right.

    "I'm trying to make sure I can see what I'm doing. This place has terrible lighting," she continues to move around. "My shadow keeps making it hard."

    "Oh," I nod and fidget with my fingers before Chloe stops in her tracks. She taps her finger on her chin as she thinks.

    "Do you mind if I get close?"

    "Get as close as you need," I shrug. She nods and sits right on my lap. Her legs wrap around me as she carefully starts taking the current gauze off. 

    My breathing hitches as our faces are mere inches apart. She does almost the same thing she did at the ice rink before standing up and putting the supplies away. 

    I clear my throat before speaking. "Thanks."

    "No problem, do you want to keep watching movies?" we start back to her room.

    "Sure." We watch a few more movies on her couch before eventually falling asleep while one of the Tinkerbell movies play.