Chapter 7

On Monday morning I shower and brush my teeth before going to get a quick breakfast. Mom's at work already so I decide to grab my stuff and sit on the step in front of the door to my house after locking it. When Brady pulls up he gives me a confused look. "What?" I mimick his expression.

"Why are you just sitting there?" 

"I can," I shrug. I'm warm in my hoodie and jeans.

"Let's go," he chuckles as he rolls his eyes at me. I get up and we get in his truck to go to school. As we get to school Brady parks and we go inside. As I get to my locker some guy comes over to me.

"What the hell is up?" he looks pissed.

"What?" I ask, confused. 

"Why'd you hit Victoria?" he shoves me causing my locker door to close as I barely had it open.

"What? I never touched her," I inform him.

"Then why is she saying you did?" he shoves me back again as I step away.

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about. I never touched her," I put my hands up as I glance behind me, trying not to hit anyone.

"She's sayin' you think you're a man. That true? You think you're a man so you hit her?" he keeps shoving me a few more times.

"I didn't hit her," I repeat. "I never have and never will."

"That's not what I saw," he shoves me enough that I fall on my ass.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I start moving backwards again as he keeps stepping closer.

"Really?" he swings his leg at me and I quickly scramble out of the way as I stand up again.

"I didn't do anything," I tell him again as I sidestep around him.

He ignores my words and comes at me again. I quickly evade to my locker where I quickly open it and he smacks into the metal. I hold back my laugh as he recovers and comes at me again. As I back away Chloe steps in.

"What the hell?" she questions as she stands between us and a crowd watches everything.

"This bitch thinks she's a man and hit Victoria."

"No I didn't," I deny.

"When?" Chloe ignores me for the moment.

"She said it was at the party on Saturday."

"She's lying. I was there. It didn't happen." with that Chloe takes my hand and drags me to my locker where I get my stuff before she drags me away from the scene entirely.

"What just happened?" I question as we stop by the benches in front of the cafeteria.

"Victoria must be trying to pin the break up on you. She was going on about it yesterday too," Chloe answers.

"So now everyone thinks I hit her?"

"Whoever believes her," she shrugs. "What about that thing he said? You think you're a man?"

I sigh before saying, "I don't know. I think so. Brady's calling me Asher now and I think I prefer it."

"Okay, do you want others to call you that?"

"I mean, you know now, so. I guess." I shrug.

"So yes?" I nod. "Okay."

"You're not going to tell me I'm going insane?" I question.

"Is that what Victoria did?"

"Yeah, I told her at the party when she pulled me away and then she went nuts about it," I nod.