Chapter 3

When we get to the house I hesitate to get out of the car. It's not as big as Victoria's house but it's still way bigger than my small ass place. There are a few people in the front just talking while the music from inside pours out the wide-open, front door. As we go in there are a bunch of people in groups with red cups and bottles of whatever they want to drink while rock music plays through two big speakers in the corner of the living room full of people. Most of the people here are in small groups or dancing. Or both. It smells like alcohol, sweat, and weed in here.

"Want a drink?" Victoria yells over the music.

"Is there Root Beer or something?" I don't want to drink any alcohol or anything.

"There's 'probly something," she nods and leads me to the drinks where a selection lies. As I scan the drinks, there isn't any Root Beer so I settle for a can of Sprite. Victoria grabs a Coke before pulling me around the party. After a few minutes, Victoria goes to hang out with her friends so I stand by the wall with my drink.

"Hey!" Chloe yells as she comes over to me with a Monster in her hand. "I thought you were with Vic?"

"She's somewhere!" I shrug. 

"What about the guy that Vic is always bitching about? Brody?"

"Brady," I correct. "I haven't seen him yet."

"Speaking too soon aren't you?" Brady smiles as he comes over with a Mountain Dew.

"I'll leave now!" Chloe takes a step.

"Why?" I question. 

"Victoria would be a bitch if she saw me talking to you! I'm not getting into any fights with her tonight!" She replies. I wish we could actually talk without yelling. "Maybe one day she'll chill out about it!" she shrugs as she walks away. 

"Having fun?" Brady asks.

"It's not terrible. I'm kind of bored though!" I take a drink.

"Well, try dancing!" he takes my free hand in his and pulls me away from the wall.

"Are you sure?" I hesitate.

"Yeah, you'll have more fun if you dance!" Victoria joins us.

"Hey, you guys are agreeing on something!" I smile.

"All the more reason to dance!" Brady nods.

"Fine!" I laugh as they make me dance. We keep our drinks with us as we finish them and move around. I have to admit, this isn't what I thought it would be. It's a lot of fun, and Victoria and Brady aren't fighting. They aren't talking to each other either but I count this as a win anyway. 

After a while, we get tired and go back to standing by the wall with new drinks. Victoria leaves Brady and I after we start dancing again and by the time she comes back, my feet are aching and Brady and I are about to head out. "Need a ride?" she asks.

I shrug. "Sure," The three of us head outside. Brady and I say our goodbyes as we get into the vehicles.

The girl stops in front of my house and smiles. "You gonna be at tomorrow's party?" 

"Maybe," I shrug. "This one was fun, though."

"Well, let me know if you need a ride there. Or if you want to borrow some clothes," I nod and get out of the car. She takes off almost as soon as the door closes.

I turn and start going in as I check what time it is. Almost one in the morning and Mom's, barely working, car sits in the driveway. When I get inside Mom isn't waiting for me like in the movies or anything. I'm assuming she's sleeping already so I go to my room to get ready for bed.