B A C K T O M A N O R

"Are you sure your mum wouldn't mind, Draco?" Annalise asked, sitting nearest the window while Draco pushed both their trunks in the luggage rack above her head. "I think she was a bit distraught after our visit last time, she erm.. Caught us in the library."

Draco merely sneered before sitting across from her. "Mother would be thrilled to have more people in the Manor. Also, she doesn't really care about my sexual activities, which we should be glad of.." he said with an air of cheekiness.

"But are you sure your brother wouldn't mind that you're not coming home for Christmas Eve? Won't he go looking for you?" he added, swinging his leg on top of the other.

Annalise shake her head saying no, eyes darting outside the glass window, watching the zooming scenery of the snow-covered aspen trees as the train passed by them. "I told you, my brother doesn't give a damn about me. He'd be even glad if he doesn't see my face." she lied.

Adam, Annalise's brother, was indeed expecting for her to come home for Christmas. He had sent her a letter, saying she should accompany Adelaine until they reach King's Cross Station. It was unexpected that Adam wanted to see her, he said they ought to discuss a rather major issue, but Annie knew well he'd just talk trash and would try to discipline her in the harshest way possible if she stayed in his house. And Annalise wasn't going to let him ruin her Christmas like that.

Looking back at Draco, she long realized she would be treated much better with him and his mother, Narcissa, in their Manor.

"I was just making sure.." He assured, now opening the glass window to let Fornax in who had been hitting the window relentlessly. "You could've brought Adelaine with you." he said, as takes the daily prophet newpaper from Fornax's beak while the bird stayed in his lap, hooting gently at him.

"You know I can't.." she responded, dejectedly. Annalise wrapped her jumper more about her body as she stared at Draco, who's now handing five knuts to Fornax, and the owl flew out the open window as soon as it has the money.

"Adam will behead me if Addy's not home, the last time me and Addy stayed in the burrow for Christmas, Adam went in a fit of rage and took us agressively from the Weasleys, he had cursed Fred and George that time because they were trying to talk to him out of it ― and once he took us home, he made me starve for four days, locked up in my own room full of enchantments he put up."

Draco stared at her for a brief moment or two and gave a short, stiff nod before unfolding the newspaper. "Why's your brother like that?" he asked.

Annalise shrugged her shoulders, she zoomed at a space, completely thinking hard,  wondering where and when it had all gone wrong. "I wish I knew the answer to that."

Draco watched her above the newspaper, and cleared his throat. "Are you sure your sister will not tell your brother about your whereabouts?" he queried, deliberately trying to change the topic.

"Ofcourse she won't.." Annalise beamed at him and layed her head against the glass window of the compartment. "I told her not to say anything, and she always listen to me, she made a promise."

"Why can't you just tell her you're staying at the castle for Christmas? I can still sneak you out, that'd been much better don't you think?" he suggested, his eyes rapidly scanning the pages of the daily prophet.

"Come off it! You think I haven't thought of that?" She asked grimly and sarcastically, quirking at eyebrow at him as she catched his eyes. "Addy will burst out crying and she will definitely not enjoy her Christmas holidays thinking I'm all left alone in my dorm. I don't fancy ruining her Merry days by lying."

Draco only scoffed in response.

The rest of the train ride back to London went on smooth, except for the part when Ginny went pass their compartment, nearly giving Annalise a heart attack thinking Ginny had caught her with Draco, but she never did.