G R A N D A U C T I O N

Disappointment was sinking deep into Annalise's chest, it felt as though she let down her mom from the decision she made. Once the Grand Auction starts, and whoever gets to pick her, they have free agency and leeway to do whatever they want with her. Everything.

It feels like selling herseld to the demon.

Annalise knew well that by joining, she's selling herself, and she can't help but cry over how helpless she feels. If it weren't for Adelaine, she wouldn't be doing it, but it wasn't her sister's fault, it was Adam's fault. The more she realizes how miserable her current state is, the more anger she felt for Adam.

The one who was suppose to guide her, protect her, and love her, was the one who ruined her life. He was the one she needs to struggle so much in life.

It didn't help the fact that she has to follow requirements to join the Grand Auction. And those requirements were terrible. Girls shouldn't weigh over a hundred and fifteen pounds, and Annalise weigh a hundred and thirty pounds, so she starved herself everyday before the Grand Auction. Madam Rosmerta said that rich men does not choose girls who aren't skinny enough for their liking, and that made her blood boil. Nevertheless she went on a strict diet for the money.

Then the next requirement was “No body hair.” Annalise used a permanent hair removal charm on her armpits, legs, arms, stomach, back and around her private areas. Madam Rosmerta also gave her an acne-removal paste, skin-glower potion and other skin care paraphernalia.

The reason why these are part of the requirements, according to Madam Rosmerta, is because “Men are picky”

As a week pass by, Annalise couldn't help but notice she got thinner, the shirt she uses daily were loose on her body, her face and skin was glowing, her legs were skinnier, and so does her waist, even her neck got longer, and her collarbones were protruding. Despite all these changes, she felt awful, her stomach kept on grumbling, and she felt more languid, as though her body refuse to work.

Each morning she wakes up, she felt dizzy and unenergetic, that's what she get from eating so little. But as Madam Rosmerta said, the skinnier, the more money she receives. And so she continues with only eating one porridge a day, along with overworking herself by helping Madam Rosmerta at the Three Broomsticks and working out right after.

It was a tough routine to follow, she nearly faint on some days, but that did not stop her at all.

“My head hurts..” Annalise whined to herself, she had just finished taking a bath after an hour of muggle exercises. Her head was throbbing painfully, her body felt weak, and her stomach was grumbling ― begging for her to eat.

She rolled around the mattress, and covered the blanket more about her body. One more day Annalise, Survive another day. She thought to herself. Once the Grand Auction is over, and she finally gets the money, she will eat to her heart's content. That's her promise.

Of course she won't forget about buying a house, anywhere is better as long as Adelaine is with her. Adelaine. Annalise kept on wondering about her little sister's well being. Once Addy is under her roof, she will do everything to sue Chantelle.. And maybe even Adam.

“Annalise!” She heard her name being called downstairs, and so she laguidly stood up, and immediately the painful throbbings on her head intensified. Ignoring the pain, she grabbed her wand from the bedside table and walked outside then trudge down the stairs.