T H E C O N F E S S I O N

Once the student head back to Hogwarts, the snow had all melted, the sun was beaming above them, gray clouds loomed over the bright azure sky, butterflies hovered above the hedgerows, and owls came back in packs in the owlery with news posts in their beaks, their bodies reflected in the Black Sea as they passed.

Annalise was sitting on a tattered, dusty armchair in an abandoned classroom on the fifth level with Adelaine who's sweating from practicing the wand-lighting charm.

Flicking her wand, Annalise bewitched the desks and chairs to set themselves against the walls, giving Adelaine more space to practice.

“Lumos!” exclaimed the short little girl, flicking her wand dramatically and even made fancy nonsense wand motions. Due to her exhaustion, Adelaine sigh and dabbed the tip of her wand to her new slytherin robes, as though trying to fix it.

Annalise rested her feet on top of a nearby ottoman, staring blankly at Adelaine who seemed to give up. “I heard you're particularly splendid with Transfigurations.” she started.

“How did you know?” Addy questioned, wiping her sweaty forehead with the sleeves of her robe. She had been practicing for half an hour already, her uniform was halfly drenched in sweat.

“Professor Mcgonagall informed me,” Annalise responded, whipping her own wand out of the spacious pocket of her new Ravenclaw robes. “But, you're having a hard time with Charms, which makes me confuse.”

Adelaine slumped down on a nearby chair, obviously devastated by it. “Why so? ― is it not normal for a witch to be bad at charms, Annie?” she asked panickly, eyes up the ceiling, and head rested against the back of the chair.

“No of course not, Ron wasn't that good at Charms nor Transfigurations, so is Harry..” Annalise pointed her wand towards Adelaine, and with a swift motion ― Addy's chair zoomed across the room and stopped merely inches in front of Annalise. “What I'm trying to say is, Charms is a lot easier than Transfigurstion, only a bit complicated with the enchantments, so it should be easy for you”

Annalise showed Adelaine her wand, stowing it in front of her “Do not point it downwards ― that's the most basic mistake in Charms, instead, point it directly at chest-level, do not do those flicking movements unless it's the  Levitating Charm. Clear pronunciation of the spell also works, lastly, remember to concentrate, let the wand do it's job, it will listen to you.”

Adelaine nodded, licked her lips hastily and whip her wand steadily at chest-level. “Lumos!”

They waited, however nothing happened, a dejected sigh escape out of Addy's mouth, and Annalise lifted her sleeve to read her wristwatch momentarily. “Don't worry, still got fifteen minutes left before my Apparition Class, do you wanna skip and rest or do you wanna continue?”

Adelaine suddenly pocketed her wand and run a hand through her messy hair. “Annie, I think I'll skip.. I've been tired, especially during christmas.”

Annalise furrowed her eyebrows at her little sister. “Why? What did they do to you? Did Chantelle tortured you? Or did Adam tired you out? Tell me.” she demanded, and held Addy's wrist in command.

“I didn't really celebrate ― Chantelle keep on insulting me, making me move around the house a lot, do this and do that ―“ ungnome the garden! Cook some breakfast! Mop the floor, I don't want any single dirt, you scornful harpy”―  and then they had guests during Christmas Eve, they didn't bother telling me. I was in the kitchen all day, making meals for them and their guests, which was hours on end, and by the time I was done, they had left to go to a friend's house, leaving me to clean everything. I never even ate that day, I was so tired..”