S O R T I N G H A T

Sitting inside a closed compartment all alone, Annalise intensely watched the pine trees as the train passed by them. She sigh to herself, reminiscing the last time she had felt all alone in a compartment area.

After the war ― everything had turn dark for her.

She recalled all the dead bodies she saw the moment she entered the Great Hall.

Fire was licking her ankles and elbows, her face was full of cuts, there was a huge wound around her waist, but she made no effort in stopping the flowing blood while she scanned everyone who died.

She can still hear the very soft voice of her mother, and her eyes immediately became damp, tears threatening to escape.

She fiddled with the hem of her plaid skirt, before shutting her eyes and taking a deep breath. It had been an exact two months after the battle ended. And in those two months, she had been nothing other than lonely and forlorn.

"Annie, Do know that I love you very much. Take care of Addy for me"

She can't help but let the tears fall from her eyes. Those were her mothers' last words before she was killed by one of the Deatheaters, her mother had sacrificed herself in order to save Annalise.

And she regretted ever being in the Order. If she hadn't join the Order, her mother wouldn't have join either, despite her mother being a muggle and had no knowledge about the wizarding world except for the fact that her childrens were wizards ― she joined the war.

Annalise regretted never listening to Hermione.

She was suppose to keep her mother out of the war, and if she had done that, Then maybe her mother would've still be alive by now.

Because she badly missed the homely feeling of her mothers' embrace, and the pepper kisses she usually receive from her everytime she did something..... To be proud of.

Annalise immediately wiped the tears off her face with her sleeves as she heard the compartment door slided open, she didn't need to know who just barged in after hearing a voice of a young female.

“What's the matter?”

She snifled before tearing her eyes from the glass window and to the person who had entered, standing just in the middle of the compartment door was a young girl, barely 4ft tall, with  brown messy hair and Horn-rimmed glasses.

“Adelaine, aren't you suppose to be with your friends?” She queried, raising an eyebrow at her younger sister, who is now eleven years of age, First year in Hogwarts.

They had previously separated as Adelaine immediately went to a cramped comparment full of young kids as well, and Annalise was glad they had accepted her younger sister into their newly formed clique.

"Well I couldn't leave my sister all alone now, could I?" the young girl responded before taking the seat across from her.

Adelaine was scanning her, and Annalise felt as though her sister was secretly judging her appearance. “I know it's been hard after mom died but we still have Adam” said Adelaine, trying to sound optimistic to cheer her up.

Adam was their older brother, who's working in Gringotts. He was the one who's now supporting their family, the breadwinner of the Beauforts. Their father, who had abandoned their family long before young Adelaine was born, was of no help, they couldn't contact him, they never had the chance as he live in the Muggle world.

All there's left now is the three of them.

“But he's not here, is he?” Annalise gloomily answered, gulping on her own saliva. “He doesn't even want us in his house, thinks we're some kind of dirt on his polished shoe” a huge lump form in her throat.