Chapter 31

Arabella

"You look so beautiful mi hija," Evelyn said.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're the most beautiful bride I have ever seen sis," Evelyn's oldest son, Sandro, said.

I beamed at him. "Thanks."

"He's a lucky guy," he said.

I grinned at him.

"I'm so nervous," I said honestly.

"Don't be sweetie. You look absolutely gorgeous," Al said. "Now let's go get you out there to your anxiously waiting groom," she said.

I nodded. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I simply can't wait to see Massimo.

By the end of the day, I will no longer be Arabella Canzano; I will be Mrs. Massimo Anastasi.

Massimo

"Son, relax. You look like a bundle of nerves," my father said, while clapping my shoulders.

"What's taking her so long?" I asked nervously, causing my father to chuckle.

"I'm sure she's just running a little late," I heard my mother say, from behind me. "Someone kept her up last night," she said as she narrowed her eyes at me.

I try to act nonchalant, but no one could ever hide anything from Francesca Anastasi, when it comes to her children.

"I know everything that goes on in my home, mio figlio. I have eyes everywhere," she said smirking.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I didn't think you would leave her room. I was prepared to march in there and drag you back to your room. Good thing you left when you did," she said sternly with all seriousness, trying to sound upset, but the laughter in her eyes gave her away.

I chuckled.

She moved closer to me, and put her hand on my face. "I am so very happy that you have found love again, mio figlio," she said.

I didn't bother correcting my mother. I didn't love Arabella. I care about her, but like I said, love just isn't something I'm capable of giving. I simply smiled and nodded.

"Lei è una donna molto speciale!" "She is a very special woman!" She said. "Treasure her, mio figlio."

"I will mamma. I will," I vowed.

Then the music started. We all turned towards the aisle.

Then Arabella walked out...

I can feel my heart beating so fast. Beautiful is too tame of a word to describe they way she looks.

She's simply breathtaking.

"Breathe son," my father whispered to me, as he claps my back.

I can't... I swallowed hard instead.

Mio dio!

Our eyes collide, and she gave me one of her blinding smiles. I smiled back in return.

As soon as she smiled at me, all the tension from my body seemed to have disappeared. It's as if everything and everyone else disappeared; and it's just the two of us; and time has stopped... It was a moment suspended in time... That's how I could best describe this moment.

My breath went away, and no matter how much I tell myself to breathe, it seems like I simply forgot how to. She's a fucking vision. Now I know that this is what people mean when they say, "She took my breath away."

The feeling I have as I watch her walk towards me is indescribable. All I can think about now is how lucky I am to have found her.

As she came to step in front of me, I saw tears in her eyes, as she was smiling at me. The love shone in her eyes weakened my knees. All I wanted to do at that point was to grab her and kiss her senseless.

The first few words that the minister said fell on deaf ears. I simply couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I am to have her. She's fucking amazing. It wasn't until it was time to say our I do's that I really paid attention.

"Massimo, do you take Arabella to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?" The minister asked.

"I do."

He then turned to Arabella and asked her the same question. "Arabella, do you take Massimo, to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?"

She turned to me, smiled, and said, "I do."

Everything else after that went by in a quick blur, one minute we were saying our I do's, putting on our rings, then the next, I am lifting up Arabella's veil, getting ready to kiss my wife...

My wife...

The thought took my breath away.

It's true... Arabella really is my wife now.

I smiled at Arabella, before leaning down to kiss her.

I kissed her long and hard. I continued to kiss her passionately. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close.

"Let the woman breathe Massimo," I heard Marco say.

"Yeah, save that for the honeymoon," Jason said, causing every one to laugh.

I pulled away, and I too, laughed. Arabella leaned into me, as she shook with laughter. "That was embarrassing," she muttered.

I laughed harder. "We'll be doing a lot more than kissing on our honeymoon, cara," I whispered in her ear, as I caressed her back.

She gasped softly. She looked up at me. "I can't wait," she whispered.

"You're mine, forever, Mrs. Anastasi," I growled as I hugged her tight to me.

She beamed at me. "Yes, yours. Forever..."

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Wedding vows are not to be taken lightly. Let's see if Massimo can prove his vows to be true.

Will he finally say I love you to Arabella?

Will he finally allow himself to love her? Or will the past continue to hunt Massimo, and prevent him from fulfilling his vows to Arabella?

Stay tuned to find out!!!