Chapter 28

Arabella

I could sense Massimo's nervousness, and I don't really understand why he's nervous. I squeezed his hand, hoping to ease whatever is making him edgy - but who am I kidding, even I'm nervous about the surprise... so maybe that's what he's nervous about. Maybe he's nervous that I won't like it... But that's just ridiculous. Of course I will, I know I will...

"Hey...Mass, don't be nervous, I'm sure I'm going to love your surprise no matter what," I said.

He looked surprise, I don't know if it's because I called him Mass, or if it's because I guessed he was nervous.

He kissed me chastely on the lips.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"You're amazing," he said.

"Right back at ya!" I said, as I snuggled closer to him.

Our drive didn't take long, before I knew it, Massimo was straightening up, jostling me slightly in the process.

"Come on, we're here cara," he said.

I looked out the window, and frowned in confusion. There was a huge one story building outside. From the looks of it, I'm guessing, this is the back of the building.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Massimo, as he helped me out of the car.

"Stay here," he said to Garrett.

"Come on cara," he said tugging me towards the building. It's actually quite beautiful, even from the back

"Close your eyes cara," he said.

I raised my eyebrows at him in question.

"Close your eyes," he said again.

I shook my head no, while grinning up at him.

"So stubborn. Good thing I came prepared," he said while smirking.

He pulled out a blindfold, and I laughed.

"Okay, okay. I'll close my eyes," I said.

"Nope," he said, popping the p. "I don't trust you won't take a peek. You're wearing these," he said.

I pouted playfully. The corners of his mouth twitched, as he shook his head.

He put the blindfold on me, and guided me.

"I'll help you cara, just hold on to me."

"Okay."

"Hold on, let me just grab the key," he said.

"Why didn't we just enter from the front of the building?" I asked.

"How did you know this was the back of the building?" He asked sarcastically.

I slapped his chest playfully.

He chuckled. "Alright let's go cara."

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Just wait woman," he said.

I sighed, "Fine."

He laughed. "Almost there baby," he said. "Okay hold on, I have to open the door."

"Okay, come on," he said, holding my hands in his, guiding me.

I took a few steps before he said, "okay stop. Turn around cara."

I stopped and turned around.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes," I said. He removed my blindfold and I open my eyes.

"Lil' House Child Care and Education Centre," I read out loud.

I turned to Massimo in surprised. That's what I wanted to name my daycare and education centre.

He looked so nervous, and a little...scared? Why?

"Don't be mad cara. I know the last time we talked about this the first time I proposed, it didn't end well. This is my gift for you, I swear, it's not payment or anything like that, like what you thought before. I just really wanted to do this for you. Please cara, don't be mad at me," he pleaded.

I laughed. "Honey, is that why you've been so nervous? You think I'd be mad at you for doing this?"

He nodded, with a vulnerable look in his eyes. A look I never want to see again.

I stepped towards him, and hugged him.

"I'm not mad Massimo. This is the best gift, anyone has ever given me - well second, actually. Thank you," I said. I felt breathe a sigh of relief... I felt him relax against me, releasing the tension from his body.

"You were really worried huh?" I asked looking up at him.

He nodded. "As much as I love fighting and arguing with you, I didn't want to ruin my other surprise for you," he said.

"There's more?"

"Yes,"

"Oh Massimo, I hope it's nothing this extravagant," I said.

"Just wait and see, cara," he said. "But what did you mean when you said that this was the second best gift you've ever gotten?"

I laughed. "Well nothing could ever top the best gift, I've ever gotten," I said vaguely.

He pulled me closer. "Tell me," he demanded.

I smiled up at him. "Tell me, please," he said.

"Well since you said please..." I teased.

"Stop teasing me woman! Tell me," he demanded.

I laughed. Then I turned serious. I held up my hand to Massimo's face. I gazed up at him with love, adoration, and devotion. "You and Lia. You two are the best gift I have ever gotten. I love you both so much," I said, tears threatening to spill over.

He sucked in a deep breath, and leaned down to kiss me. He kissed me passionately. He kissed me in a way that only Massimo can.

He pulled away, and rested his forehead in mine. "We are the lucky ones. Thank you for coming into our lives, cara," he said kissing me on my forehead.

Okay, so it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear, but it's enough...for now...