Chapter 23

Arabella

"I don't appreciate the way you dragged me out of there. I also don't appreciate the way you treated Adam!" I was shaking in anger. How dare him humiliate me like that.

"So...that's the asshole's name," he muttered, and I frowned in return.

"Out of everything I said, that's all you heard? His name?"

He shrugged.

"And he's not an asshole, you are!" I growled. But soon regret my words, when Massimo's face turned hard and looked at Garrett. He's definitely getting an earful.

I looked at Garrett and he seemed uncomfortable. He really shouldn't be hearing this. But hell if I can stop myself right now.

"You dare speak to me this way?"

I turned to Massimo, my regret instantly disappears at his arrogance. "Yes, I dare. You had no right Massimo, no right at all to treat me and Adam the way you did. He has done nothing to you, just like I have done nothing to deserve your despicable behaviour towards me," I said.

The arrogant prick, had the audacity to smirk and act all smug. Does he not take me seriously at all?

"God, you're hopeless!" I hissed. I turned to look out the window. I'm so angry, I swear if Massimo smirks arrogantly again, I'm going to punch him in the face.

God, how could I have fallen in love with the arrogant jerk!

Who the hell does he think he is?

How in the hell did he find me anyways?

Oh yes, how DID he find me...I start to wonder. But who cares, that's the lease of my concern. It's Lia I'm really worried about.

When we got back to the house, I quickly climbed out of the car not waiting for either Garrett or Massimo to open it for me.

I ran up the stairs to Lia's bedroom, to make sure she's okay and to assure her that I didn't leave her.

I opened her bedroom door and stopped on my tracks.

"Ara!" She exclaimed. "You're back," she said happily.

"Are you okay mia angioletto?

"Uhuh, I watch fowzen," she said.

"Your daddy said..." I started to say but Massimo interrupted me.

"It's time for bed principessa," he said. I turned to him and glared at him. He ignored and proceeded on tucking Lia to bed.

"Goodnight, la mia cara bambina," Goodnight, my darling baby, he said.

I kissed Lia quickly too. I was trying so hard to keep my anger at bay.

The bastard! He played me.

Right when Massimo closed the door, he turned towards me, with a smug look on his face. I saw red and I punched him square in the jaw, with all my might.

Massimo was shocked, but unfazed at what I had just done. I on the other hand...

"Ow!" I screamed silently. Oh shit. I shouldn't have done that."oh shit that really hurts," I muttered, tears springing in my eyes.

"Mio dio! Why did you do that? What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked, while holding my arm. "Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay to you?" I asked angrily.

He had the balls to chuckle. "You think this is funny?"

"Why did you hit me?"

"You really have to ask, you smug bastard!" I said. "ow!" I flinched at the pain my hand was giving me.