Chapter 22

Emily POV~

It's the day of the funeral and load of people have turned up.

I bumped into Milly outside of the church. Milly "Thank you for turning up!" Me "I wouldn't have missed it, why didn't you tell us about Leon's treatment" Milly "I didn't know how to tell you!" Me "Either way you should've told Luke. He would've paid for the treatment, Beau, Dan, Jai and James also would've helped pay for the treatment, you know we would've helped" "I would've paid" Luke said as he heard us talk. "Why didn't you tell me Milly? I'm his father. I would've been there for him, every step of the way" Milly "Really Luke? Even if you had to do a show?" Luke "Yes. In fact I would've got the guys to cancel the shows to be by Leon's side but as always you wanted me to look like a bad father" Luke started to walk away when Milly shouted "You were a bad father though Luke" "How was I?" Luke replied. They just continued to shout at each other. Milly "Because you never saw him!" Luke "Because you stopped me you dinlo. I tried getting in contact but you kept cutting me off. Kim had to pass on messages to him and you know what? A few months ago before you took him out of school, Kim told me that Leon really wants to spend time with me but he can't plan anything because you hold him as a prisoner. What kind of mother does that ey Milly? I would've got Leon everything he ever wanted, but you took all that away. Who's the bad parent now then?" "Guys. Its a funeral. Shut the fuck up, you two hate each other, I get it but at the end of the day it's both your son's funeral. Show some respect. Do you think he'll like you two arguing?" Luke just walked away. Milly turned and said to me, "You shouldn't have brought him here" Me "What was I supposed to do? He's Leon's dad" Milly "Father. He's Leon's father, he'll never be his dad" Beau "You evil bitch!"

~Luke's POV~

Milly, just the one to start an argument. Especially at our sons funeral how dare she. She didn't even tell me Leon had cancer and she say's I'm the bad parent. Well... If she's the 'worlds best mother' she would've told me the Leon was sick if she liked me or not. She should not have kept that from me. I had a right to know. At least I was able to organize some of the funeral that's the main thing.

I stood up and walked to the front of the church and said, "I longed to wait for Leon to turn 18 just so we both could hang out, but now that will never happen. Leon would still be here if his mother had told me that he was sick. I would of paid for his treatment along side the boys. I would have cancelled all the upcoming shows just so I could stay by his side until the day he got better, but now that will never happen. I wish I was there for more of Leon's life, I wanted to, but his mother stopped me from seeing him after I done nothing wrong a part from being famous and that really hurt me, not being able to see my son just because I'm famous. Milly and I never got along since Leon was about 7 years old, she promised me she will let me she Leon every other weekend and she kept that promise for about 2 years, until she met a new guy and everything changed. I stopped getting phone calls, Leon stopped coming round, last year my niece Kimberly gave me this letter from Leon, it say's 'Dad, I miss you, mum keeps me as a prisoner here. I'm only allowed to school and back. It sucks because I get invited out and mum say's no because she automatically thinks I'm going to see you. I don't see what you have done wrong. Everything has changed since mum met Tom. It's like because he don't like you and the guys, I'm not allowed to see you. When I'm 18 I want to move in with you. I love you dad and I know you love me. I miss you. Leon'" At this point I started to cry, "I remember the day he was born, he came a few days late and ended up being born on the same day a Kimberly. Since the age of 5 they have always shared birthday parties. Of course I weren't allowed to 9 of them, Kimberly used to bring back photos and videos to show me. Seeing Leon take his steps made me think 'oh god, here comes the mischief years'" I laughed. "He said his first word at the age of 19 months, his first word was Dada, I was so proud. He loved elementary school too and the teachers loved him, though, he was a nightmare. I don't really know what else I can say to be honest with you, all that and the fact I loved Leon, I still and always will do. No matter what people say's, he is my son, and I am his dad. One very proud dad"

The Competiton that Changed My Life...Ten years on [Luke, Beau Brooks & IM5 ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें