EPISODE 04

“Are you sure about that?”

Asa can’t help but frown after hearing what his lawyer just said. Clutching a glass of wine on one hand, he stared at the brightly-lit city below him and watched the seemingly dancing colorful lights over the distance.

“Positive, sir. Pregnancy is a valid reason for terminating your contract. It concerns your personal health, so you’ll have the sole power to end your contract even without the blessing of the other signatories,” Attorney Sanchez explained.

“Paano naman kung pilitin nila akong tapusin ang kontrata ko sa kanila matapos kong makapanganak?” tanong ni Asa.

“Well, this privilege also extends beyond pregnancy. Mag-aalaga ka po kasi ng bata. It’s not really something that you can do on your spare time. Rearing a child, especially a newborn, requires full attention and time. Magagamit mo pong rason ang bata para tumangging ipagpatuloy ang kontrata. In short, mabuntis ka lang po at makapanganak ay maaari ka nang makawala sa network without the fear of being sued. It’s absolutely safe and legal po, Sir Asa,” sagot ni Attorney Sanchez.

Asa took a sip of his wine, his lips curving into a triumphant smirk.

“Are you planning something, sir?” his lawyer asked.

“Nothing,” Asa replied, failing to hide the smile on his face. “Well. . . maybe. Thank you for your time, Attorney Sanchez. I very much appreciate it.”

“Any time po, sir.”

Asa tossed his phone to the sofa before inhaling deeply. It seems that he’s finally found a way to get himself out of his job. Halos matawa siya dahil sa loob ng ilang taong pag-iisip niya ng paraan para makawala sa network niya ay literal lang palang nasa loob niya ang kasagutan.

“. . .and it seems that I have the perfect person to help me,” Asa whispered, staring at the main door where a particular someone exited a few minutes ago.

“You’ve got to be kidding me, right?”

Javi stared at Asa in utter disbelief, failing to comprehend what he just heard. Asa, however, didn’t even falter on his seat and just looked at Javi with utmost formality.

“No, I am not kidding,” he said.

Javi massaged his head. “Why?”

“It seems that you do not know me, but I’m actually a celebrity,” Asa said. “I’ve been working in the industry for ten years, and I’ve been trying for several years to find a way out of this shitty job. Unfortunately, my contract won’t allow me to leave the network where I’m currently signed with. Isa sa mga paraan para makawala ako sa kontrata ko ay kung mabubuntis ako.”

“You’re a celebrity?” Javi asked. Not that it’s surprising, considering how pretty Asa is, but Javi couldn’t understand why this dude chose him of all people.

“Yes. Not to toot my own horn, but I’m quite famous. I can also see that you’re not knowledgeable with showbiz stuff, so you should check the internet if you want to validate my claims,” Asa said.

“I really couldn’t care less about show business, but why me? Bakit ako pa ang kinausap mo?” the waiter asked.

“Well, naisip ko lang ‘to actually kagabi—”

“Kagabi?!”

Asa ignored him. “It just happens na kailangan mo ng tulong, and I certainly can’t just give you money—”

Says the guy who throws money at all the inconveniences in his way, Javi thought, but he didn’t voice it out.

“—so I thought of asking you to do something for me in return for my help. To be honest, ako pa nga ang lugi rito dahil ako ang magdadala ng bata at magbabayad sa ‘yo.”

“If you’re famous, bakit sa isang kagaya ko pa ikaw lumapit? You probably know a lot of rich and more handsome alphas. It’s not like they’ll easily reject someone like you,” Javi said, eyeing Asa’s exposed arms and legs.

“Simple. All the alphas I know are jerks. Ang iba naman sa kanila ay siguradong hindi ako pakakawalan kung anakan nila ako. I want someone that I can dispose of right away. I guess pinagtagpo talaga tayo. You need help, and you can help me, too. Besides, I’d love to see everyone’s reaction once they see that an ugly, loser alpha made me pregnant—”

Javi’s eyebrow twitched as he smiled irately. Ah yes. Pretty people really don’t need a good personality. They can just treat everyone like garbage because they’re so pretty.

“Paano kung pumayag ako? Ano ba ang magiging obligasyon ko sa ‘yo?” tanong ni Javi.

“None. I just need you to make me pregnant. Hindi kita sisingilin na tulungan akong magpalaki sa bata. I am very much capable of looking after the child. Matapos mo akong mabuntis, pwede ka nang umalis. You can forget about me and the child. Pwede kang mamuhay ulit na parang binata. We will never bother you for the rest of your life,” Asa replied.

Javi let out a sigh as he looked away. “It just doesn’t feel right, selling myself this way. I mean, I really need money right now, but I don’t want to earn it through sex,” he said.

“If it’s consensual, then there’s nothing wrong with it. I won’t force you to do anything that you don’t want to do. You can just shove it in, come inside, and—”

Javi’s face took the color of an overripe tomato. “Hey, watch your mouth!” he exclaimed.

Asa smirked. “What’s with your reaction? Haven’t you done it with someone? Aren’t you gay?” he asked.

Javi lowered his face a bit, his cheeks reddening even further. “I’m not gay, and I’m still a virgin,” he said in a low voice.

“Are you serious?” Asa asked him, smirking.

“Well, just because we’re poor doesn’t mean all we do is reproduce,” Javi replied indignantly. “Minsan, mas marami kaming bagay na dapat pagtuunan ng pansin kaysa sa sex. More importantly, I’m still young. I still have dreams. Ayokong sirain ang kinabukasan ko at makasira ng kinabukasan ng iba kung makabuntis man ako. I won’t expect you to understand, pero pangarap po ang pinanghahawakan naming mga mahihirap.”

Asa raised his hands. “Relax. I didn’t mean to offend you. In fact, that even makes things better. You’re still a virgin, so I don’t have to worry about catching any disease. I also won’t care even if you suck in bed. You’re young and fresh, and you’re probably the best option I have.”

“At kung nag-aalala ka tungkol sa privacy mo, don’t worry dahil itatago ko ang identity mo. The place where I live is one of the most exclusive residences in the country, at halos wala nga akong nakasasalubong na tao roon. Kung papayag ka sa offer ko, I will do my very best to keep your identity safe,” he added.

Javi thought about it. To be honest, it’s a really good offer. He just needs to make Asa pregnant and then he can go back to his old life, except that his mother would be well, they’d be living more comfortably, and he’d no longer have to worry about his school expenses. Kung may magtanong man kung saan siya nakakuha ng pera, he can easily say na may charity na tumulong sa kanya.

“Can you give me some time to think about it?” Javi asked Asa. “Ikaw rin, mag-isip ka. Pregnancy isn’t a joke, at mas lalong hindi mo pwedeng gawing biro ang pag-aalaga ng anak. Kung kagabi mo lang naisip ang ideyang ‘to, mukhang kailangan mo rin itong pag-isipan pa nang mas malalim.”

Asa looked unbothered. Shrugging his shoulders, he said, “I have money. Why should I worry about getting myself pregnant?”

Damn this haughty rich kid.

“Kung gagawin mo lang kasing excuse ang bata para makatakas ka sa network mo, mas mabuti pang ‘wag ka nang mag-anak. Children are gifts, not tools—”

Asa waved his hand impatiently. “I’m already 28, and I am not about to take a lecture from an inexperienced 21-year-old who doesn’t even have any idea about sex. Palagay mo ba hindi sumagi sa isip ko na mag-settle down at magkaroon ng anak? It may not look obvious, but I’m more mature than you.”

“Fine. If you say so,” replied Javi.

Asa stood up and approached him. “Well, bibigyan kita ng oras kung ‘yan ang gusto mo. My next heat cycle is about a couple of weeks from now, so you have that much time to think about my offer. I also suggest that you make up your mind quickly. Baka kung pumayag ka ay may nakuha na akong iba. Also, here’s my calling card. . .”

He slid a card across the table towards Javi. Asa also leaned forward until the waiter’s face was only inches away from his. Javi blushed furiously and tensed up, especially when Asa released a whiff of pheromones. Bringing himself even closer to Javi, he whispered:

“Call me if you’re ready. Although, by the looks of it, I think you already are. . .”

Asa looked down to stare at Javi’s crotch. Napayuko naman ang huli at agad na tinakpan ang crotch niya ng mga kamay niya. Javi’s expression of embarrassment turned into a pained grimace as Asa smirked at him.

“I’ll be leaving now, Jarvey,” he said, wearing his cap and mask before heading out of the kiosk. “I’ll be waiting for your call.”