023

The stream was finally over, and the kitchen was all cleaned up. Charlie was upstairs changing into clean clothes. She grabbed a white-knit sweater, with beige loose pants. After throwing on some socks, she headed downstairs, she saw that Tommy was on the kitchen making popcorn, Jack was near the front door on the phone, and Tubbo was trying to find something to watch on Netflix. Charlie plopped onto the couch next to Tubbo and positioned herself so that her legs are reaching over his. "Hey, that stream was so fun, too bad we lost.", Tubbo shrugged. "Oh yeah, sorry we lost. I think I should take a break from streaming for a while"

"Wait what? Why? It was fun."

"It was my fault we lost. I mean, 4%?"

"It wasn't your fault. It was just a fun game."

"It was, Tubbo. Before I got dressed, I rewatched the stream. All of the comments were talking shit about me."

"Really? I didn't see anything." Tubbo pulled out his laptop and opened twitch to rewatch the stream. "Oh"

"I'm so sorry, Tubbo. I didn't want it to happen."

"Charlie I'm not mad!"

"Hm?"

"It's not your fault people have been hating on you, and frankly it's not fair. They're hating on you because of the script that you didn't even write. You played a character. I didn't know the hate went that far, to be honest I haven't been paying attention. I'm so sorry you've been receiving this hate. Would you like me to tweet something?"

"No, it's fine Tubbo. It doesn't bother me."

"Are you sure? I can tweet something as well.", Tommy called from the kitchen.

"No, Tommy. Everything's fine." Shit, I forgot he was there. Oh god, Jack heard too.

"I'm gonna go to bed, goodnight.", Charlie called as she ran up the stairs. "Shit shit shit", She slammed the door shut.

* Incoming call: Snuffles *

"Hey", Dream's voice rang through her ears.

"Oh, hey!"

"You okay? Your voice seems kinda shaken up."

"Oh, yeah just tiring stream."

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that."

Shit

"Oh okay sure."

"Are you actually okay? I read some of the chat, and I noticed the hate you've been getting."

"Mhm everything's fine. It'll blow over eventually."

"Charlie, the hashtag 'charlieisoverparty' has been trending since the SMP War."

"I've already had this talk with Tubbo, Everything's fine."

"Cut the fucking act, Charlie."

"What?"

"You always say 'i'm okay!' but has it ever actually been true?"

"Hm?"

"When you got hate after the stream I watched, the hate lasted a while and every time I brought it up, it's always 'I'm fine!', and you never let anyone in."

"I'm sorry?"

"You don't have to be sorry, but just tell me the truth."

"I'm fine."

dial tone. shit.

"FUCK!", Charlie threw her phone on the bed and ran her hands through her hair. "You alright up there?", Jack called from downstairs. "Yeah, yeah just- Stubbed my toe."

word count: 499