Chapter 14

Landing on Asgard was an interesting experience. Steve and Bruce both stumbled off the platform, holding hands out to steady their dizzy selves. Liv and Mom both just kind of held tightly to me and everyone else stared around in shock. Tony went into some monologue on the probable science behind it but I wouldn't understand so I didn't listen.

I gestured to Heimdall. "So this is Heimdall guys; he's the gatekeeper of Asgard and guardian of the realms. Cool dude." He nodded to me and watched everyone in silence. "Tony, he can explain how it works to you."

As we stepped onto the rainbow bridge, there were more exclamations of surprise and awe. I looked up at the sound of thundering hooves. Sleipnir came barreling down the bridge, headed straight for me. I was surprised when Steve and Bruce both pulled me behind them. A figure atop Sleipnir waved excitedly and then pulled on the reins to slow him down. He slowed down to a trot and then finally stopped in front of us. He huffed loudly and shook his head.

"Hey, Sleip! Hey, Hel!" I grinned. I squinted up at Hel and used my hand to shield my eyes from the sun. I looked around them to see Loki running to catch up.

"You cheated!" He stopped next to Sleipnir and hunched over, gasping for breath. He glared at Hel. "I'll get you for that."

She stuck her tongue out. Ignoring him, Sleipnir pushed passed Steve and immediately began investigating my pockets and bags for treats. Hel looked at Steve and murmured an apology. I eyed Loki carefully. "Does Odin know you're out here?"

He pursed his lips and looked away. "Technically the bridge is part of the palace grounds... I could always say I was so excited to see you that I forgot about the rules?"

I rolled my eyes and stepped around Sleipnir to give Loki a quick kiss. Turning to everyone else, I gestured to the kids. "So this is Sleipnir and this is Hel. Lo's kids. We're walking that way. Promise it's not as far as it looks."

Tony pointed to Loki. "And this is? Cause, it's not Loki. You're marrying the good twin?" Loki rolled his eyes. Thor slapped Tony on the back and smiled.

"I told you, Anthony! The man we fought was not the brother I knew. This is how he should be."

"Yes, hello." Loki grumbled. "Welcome to Asgard. Odin wants to see all of you." He turned to me just as Hel slid down. "Sleipnir is for you, love."

"Oh!" I let him help me up. "Not gonna argue with that." As we walked, I caught everyone trying to steal glances at Loki and - more often - Hel and Sleipnir. Liv spoke up first.

"So this is the uh, the horse you..." She gestured to Loki. "That one?"

Loki shoved his hands in his pockets. "I don't see any other eight-legged horses anywhere." Tony opened his mouth. "No, I don't know why he has eight. It just happened." Loki sighed. Tony shrugged.

"Is it friendly?" Mom reached out hesitantly to touch his side.

"He." I looked at her. "And he understands us, so be careful what you say." Hel, who was holding the lead rein, looked at all of them.

"You'll get to meet Fenrir as well. Jormungandr stayed home. Fenrir is the eldest of us."

"Is the hubby here, Hel?" I asked.

"You're married?" Liv's eyes widened. I smiled.

"She's not a teenager, I promise she just ages weird."

Hel grinned. "Mother, I have told you time and again. Persuading Luk to leave home is a feat I have yet to master. But he sent a gift and hopes you are happy to call him son-in-law."

"Not if he won't come meet me, I'm not." I grumbled. "Jerk."

"You are welcome to visit Nilfheim!" She shrugged. Loki snorted.