Chapter 8

Hayley was at Sam and Emily house.
Hayley outfit

Because not only Bella was being hunted but Hayley which meant the pack had to protect their imprint at all costs

Because not only Bella was being hunted but Hayley which meant the pack had to protect their imprint at all costs. That also meant she couldn't fight much to Hayley dismay. As the pack and Hayley were talking Hayley got a call from an unknown number. She answered it anyway because why not. "Hello" Hayley said. "Hayley it's Edward" Edward said. Hayley was shocked. "How do you have my number" Hayley asked. The pack looked at her. "Bella gave it to me" Edward said. Hayley chuckled. "Of course she did. What's up" Hayley asked. "Jasper has this idea that if we have your scent covered by a wolf the newborns won't be able to smell you when you head up to the mountains with Bella and I." Edward said. Hayley thought about it. It did sound like a good plan. "Alright I'll be there I'll bring Jake with me" Hayley said. Jacob looked at her wondering where they were going. "Alright fine you can bring Jacob" Edward said muttering. Hayley laughed. "Deal with it Cullen" Hayley said hanging up. "What's up" Paul asked. "Edward called saying that Jasper had an idea of having Jacob scent on me and Bella so the newborns won't get us or come after us when we head to the mountain" Hayley said. "Not a bad idea" Sam said. "I know that's why I said we are going. Let's go Jake" Hayley said standing up." do I have to go"Jacob whined not wanting to see Edward at all. Hayley gave him a look. He sighed and stood up." fine" Jacob said walking out the door." whipped"Quil said. Hayley smirked." I'm not coming back to the house ever again" Hayley said. Quil paled."I take it back" Quil said." thought so" Hayley said walking out the door. Soon Jacob and Hayley arrived at the clearing where the fight was gonna take place. They saw Bella, Edward and Jasper. "Your not fighting did you pull a muscle or something" Jacob asked Edward. "He's doing it for me okay" Bella said. "Whatever" Jacob said. That received a hard hit to his stomach from Hayley. "Be nice" Hayley said. Jacob pouted and nodded. Hayley smiled and turned back to the trio in front of her. "So what's the plan" Hayley asked. "The clearing will give us an advantage for the newborns to pick up Bella scent" Jasper said. "Okay" Hayley said waiting for him to continue. "Well if Edward carries me to the mountain the newborns will still pick up my scent." Bella said. "Your scent however is revolting" Edward said to Jacob. "You really don't want to be comparing stinks" Jacob said. "What he means is that if you are around me and Hayley your scents masks ours" Bella said. "Done" Jacob said. "I don't think this is a good idea" Edward said. "Edward the new ones won't want to get anywhere near his odor" Jasper said. "Let's try it" Bella said. Jacob took Hayley hand in his and Bella walked next to Jacob. "Let's go" Hayley said as all three started running. Soon they started to walk. "So you gonna ask me to sit out the fight too or you don't care about my safety" Jacob asked. "Of course I care but you would say no" Bella said. "I don't have a choice" Jacob said. "Ever since he let Sam be alpha male he has to live with the shots Sam calls" Hayley said. "Since you let Sam be alpha" Bella asked him. "I didn't want to be in a pack let alone it's leader" Jacob said. "Wow" Bella said. "I know. Chief Jacob I would have love to hear that" Hayley said. Jacob smirked at her. "But other choices have consequences. Some more than others" Jacob said. "Don't start. Everybody makes choices you are gonna have to accept mine" Bella said." but you can love more than one person. I have seen it with Hayley and the pack. And I'm not saying like I love you because I love you as a friend" Jacob said." I'm not a wolf I can't imprint" Bella said." it has nothing to do with imprinting. It has something to do with having feeling for somebody" Hayley said." like how Hayley has feelings for me. I can sense how I make her feel. I make her feel nervous" Jacob said smirking. Hayley blushed and hid her face. Jacob laughed. Soon they left. Hayley was going home with Bella and staying with the Edward later before they left. And because Sam told her too e en thought he didn't like it. They pulled up to their house and saw Alice and Charlie talking. Bella and Hayley walked out of the truck and to the house. "Okay Don't be a stranger Alice" Charlie said. "Okay" Alice said then Charlie walked inside. Hayley and Bella were confused. "Your alibi for the battle is arranged" Alice said. "Really"Hayley said. "I told your father that our whole family is going camping this weekend and you, me and Bella are having a sleep over at my house" Alice said. Hayley nodded. "Charlie is going fishing anyway" Alice said. "Charlie." Hayley asked. "What are you guys on first name basis now" Bella finished. "Me he likes" Alice said. "Actually you, Hayley and Edward will have the house to your self tonight" Alice said. "Like Alone" Hayley asked. "We all are going hunting. To power up for the battle" Alice said. Hayley nodded. Alice left and Hayley and Bella walked inside. They walked in the kitchen. "Hey you girls want a sandwich" Charlie asked. "Yes" Hayley said. "No I'm good" Bella said. Charlie started making sandwiches for him and Hayley. "Well the sister I like" Charlie said. "Alice. Yeah she's great" Bella said. Hayley went to go look for some chips to eat with her sandwich. She found barbeque chips." hey dad I was wondering why didn't you get remarried? After mom" Bella asked. Hayley stopped and looked at Charlie. "I don't know probably because I haven't met the right gal. Why?" Charlie asked. "I don't know. I thought you gave up on the whole institution of it. Of marriage. But do you think there is any value in it" Bella asked. Hayley didn't listen to what they were talking about. But the topic marriage came up so suddenly. Hayley knew something about Edward asking Bella to marry him she didn't know if it was true. Hayley however did listen when Charlie said intimate. She giggled a little thinking it was funny that her dad was trying to have the talk. Bella said something about Edward being old school. "What is that code for something" Charlie asked. "Oh my god dad I'm a virgin" Bella said. Charlie and Bella turned to Hayley. Hayley started laughing. "Oh my god yes I haven't done it yet and I probably won't till I'm older" Hayley said. Charlie sighed in relief making Bella and Hayley laugh. "Glad we covered that" Charlie said handing Hayley her sandwich. "Me too" Bella said running up the stairs. "I'm starting to like Edward now" Charlie mumbled. Hayley smiled and thought about it. She did warm up to the guy but she didn't like him. But she might one day.