Distastrous nuptials - Dream + fundy

Angst oneshot

prompt : fundream marriage turns into a disaster .

Tw : cheating , crying Fighting argument.

A rewrite of an old deleted chapter from a while ago , i do not have the old oneshot anymore so i can't post it but i remade it because i can.

-------------

" Why? "
It was all Fundy could think of saying . He was speechless, devastated.
Days of work and well desires thrown in water in less of a millisecond.
One move and everything was ruined.
one little actions and all his dreams , life and future was destroyed
And yet , his fiancé seemed to be all right with that .

They were both in the same room , a room at the end of the building , the church where the wedding was supposed to occur. Dream stayed silent , seated on a chair near a window . Feeling his angry fiancé glare on him , he didn't dare moving his eyes from the sight the window offered him. Being a floor over problems make seeing them from another angle which made Dream realize how much he fucked up.

The atmosphere was tense , the man that was once filled by joy and vanity was now only remorse and guilt.
Why did he think it would work?

Soon he was brought back to reality as the fox man got closer , feeling the room's air shift under his sudden mouvements. His breathing hitched , anxiety showing up to the surface of his emotions.
It was all about to end and that under his hands , because of his choice , his actions , because of him.
His fault was it all.

Dream felt his glare over his shoulder , it was deep and enraged , giving him chills all the way up his spine.
" Why , Dream?" Fundy blurted out " i just- i don't get it . Where did I go wrong ? What does he have that I don't ? You let him kiss you at our marriage? Do you believe this? Because I don't."
Dream stayed silent , he couldn't think , couldn't move or speak. He was disappointed in himself and regretted everything , everything that happened today. " I-i... i don't..." he let out , practically whispering the words. Tensing up on his chair , his fist clenched tightly over his knees , him now staring at the ground.

He heard fundy getting closer , the fox fiancé quickly gripping his fingers around the masked men roughly. He whined at the sudden movement and at the tightness of the grip. " Fundy!...e-eh.."
Fundy growled , the teeth grinding out of anger. " May you explain Dream? I just want to understand why , why you acted this way and why you let it happen so all this misery can be over " he asked , but earned no answers from the other below him. The more and more silent made itself heard , the more Fundy's blood boiled in his veins , anger overflowing in his system.

" you're speechless uh . Of course you are ! You never speak up when things go wrong , especially when they don't go you planned them to go ! " he huffed angrily , letting go of dream's chin and gave back to his supposed fiancé.
Dream grabbed his chin quickly and rubbed it " I'm sorry....." he mumbled quietly.

" oh yeah you better be. For wasting my time , my affection , my love , my life AND FUTURE!! my everything , everything is ruined and that's because of you . All of this time i wanted to be the best for you , make you feel loved , appreciated! Make you feel like you were the one of my life " he stopped, turned back to give eyes to Dream. " and you were , but all this time you had eyes not for me but for... George." he reprimanded , his ears twitching in annoyance. " i stayed up for 3 days , trying to plan the best day of our life , the day we were supposed to get reunited by the power of love, Dream! I was ready to give my being to our marriage , my soul and my body to you! I wanted to be yours and you to be mine, I would do anything for you but you don't seem to have the same feelings towards me , the same wills. Am i right? Am i not the one you dream of every night ? The one you want to grab and hug whenever you get the chance to? The one you want to share your deepest thoughts with? Am I even something to your being Dream? Do you actually like me?" He stared. " Of course I am not , but good thing Dream ? You aren't to me any longer "

Those words stabbed Dream's consciousness like sharpened knives . How did he end up this way? He did love Fundy truly but he indeed had a thing for George . But his love for fundy way more than anything he had ever felt towards George so how did it even end up like this.

" i-i can explain! I swear i-i just..!" He got cut off by Fundy's words. " No , no you can't explain a goddamn thing or you would have already. Dream it's been nearly an hour that we're here and you haven't said shit , if you had any explanations we would be here anymore. Don't try to lie to me. I don't want your lies anymore. "

Fundy was right , he had no explanations to give , he didn't even understand his actions and could explain no shit.
" please give me another chance ! I'll be careful, I'll make you feel loved, I'll do anything! Just please don't leave me , i can't do this without you " the blond begged , pleading eyes as tears teased to leave their resting bed.

" if you wanted another chance you would have made me feel like you deserve to be given another Dream . If you can't do this without me you would have proven me you can't but you showed me otherwise , so i can't accept . I'm sorry but we are over , and for good this time " fundy shot his last words out before walking towards the door of the room. He heard Dream shuffle before feeling hands wrapping around his humanoid paws. A man in a bride dress , shiny and warm tears rolling down against his soft red-ish tanned freckled cheeks. His eyes that were once bright green were of a saddening shade , only pain and misery could be seen in them from now on.

" P-please....please don't leave me...P-please" the freckled man tone broke as he voiced those few words. Fundy's eyes shut down , the pain in the voice of the other hurted deeply but he knew it was for the best. " No . And that's my final word Dream . I gave you your chance and you ruined it , you don't get another" the fox men bleated , making the blond let go of his paw and went out of the room , closing the door behind him. He laid his back on the door for a while , hearing the others' pained cries for him to come back. It was painful , but it was for the best
Only for the best.

He walked down a few stairs before finally getting to the main room where the wedding was supposed to occur. Many of his friends , relatives and other people came only to get their time wasted . Wilbur and the others seeing the fox coming back directed themselves to him before getting gestured to stay where they were. Fundy got on the scene and got closer to Wilbur's mic , tapping for testing and then spoke up.

" well uhm hello everyone. Today was supposed to be the best day of my and my fiancé's existence but it seems like we have to end everything here . The wedding is canceled and the celebration must come to its end." He lamented , trying to not make his sobs get heard on the mic. Whispering and mumbling rose in the crowd " i want to thank everyone personally for coming to this ruined ceremony , and all the wedding donations will be refunded at the entrance so if you may direct yourself to the entrance it would be appreciated." He said then got off the scene.

Wilbur met him off the scene , opening his arms widely open to welcome his heartbroken son , who quickly entered and clutched under his embrace. "I'm so sorry it ended this way, " he whispered softly into the fox ear , as the one in question shed tears into his beloved father's chest. His other friends got closer , Sapnap , tommy , ponk and the other present came and gave their apologies to the broken men. " thank you guys , but i have t-to go and refund people now" he stammered, still sobbing. " no we'll do it for you , am i right boys " sapnap asked his surroundings earning agreeing mumbles. " You go and take some rest , it has been an awful day for you, we'll take care of everything else ok?" Fundy nodded , slowly walking out of the church and the rest of the others took take of refunding and saluting the guests as they left. George was nowhere to be seen ever since his attempt to take Dream for himself which didn't bother the others much as they wished to not see his colorblind ass around for a hot minute.

Dream stayed in the room where fundy left him for the rest of the day , not able to make a move. It was the end of his and Fundy's chapter. It ended too early , he couldn't turn the page as fast as fundy did , his feeling persisted. He wasn't ready to start up a new chapter

Without his fundy

-------------

Speedran this one , i don't really the ending of the end , feeling i could have wrote better but eh

1616 words