𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟰

𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕 ☦︎︎

You woke up to the sound of steady beeping from a machine. The room was warm and smelled of lavender. You smiled at the fact that whoever was in here brought your favorite fragrance.

You knew you had to have been in a hospital because of what happened before you passed out. The others had found you.

Your left arm felt as if it was being stabbed by something, a cold metal. You tried to move your left arm but it felt numb. Finally slowly opening your eyes you looked down to see Shota sleeping on it.

"S-Shota." You rasped out.

His head shot up upon hearing your voice. He'd been waiting weeks to finally be able to see, hear, or touch you. And he was finally able to do so.

You'd been out for two days now, Maya and all the other heroes had stopped by already and left, but Shota never left your side, he refused to.

"Y/N, you're finally awake." Knowing you'd be thirst he walked over to the makeshift table and grabbed a cup of water. "Drink this first."

He brought the cup to your mouth and put the straw to your lips. After you gulped it down you licked your lips to taste watermelon chapstick. "You gave me chapstick."

You smiled and Shota and couldn't help to smile back at how beautiful you looked. Your face wasn't as full as it was and it was obvious you had lost quite a bit of weight. But everyone knew you'd be able to get it back in no time.

Tears fell down his face as he smiled at you. It instantly felt worried you so you grabbed his hand and brought him close to you. "What's wrong?"

He used the back of his hand to wipe his tears. "I just- god I fucking missed you." He grabbed the sides of your head and rested his forehead on yours. Putting your hands on his forearms, you rubbed circles with your thumb.

"I'm sorry." Now tears were streaming down your face. He lifted his head and placed a loving kiss on your forehead. Now cradling your head to his chest, he stroked your hair. "You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about, Y/N. I don't want to hear you apologize for this.

You nodded and finally told him. "I love you..."

...

"This nothing a deep conditioning can't fix, at least I hope..." Maya trailed.

In the weeks you were gone your hair hadn't seen a brush, comb, or even a drop of water. Which was probably the most disheartening thing to you.

So Maya was washing, deep conditioning, and braiding your hair to try and restore some moisture.

"I really appreciate you doing this for me Maya." You said rubbing her knee as you sat in between her legs.

"You don't have to thank me, of course I'm gonna fix your hair after those bastards stole me bitch." She joked.

"So... how are you feeling?" Maya asked.

"I don't know yet, I guess it hasn't sunk in yet that I was kidnapped and used as a science experiment just a few days ago. I mean I'm not in any physical pain, but once I see these scars I don't know how I'm going to feel. The doctor told me I'd have a burn patch on my side and my quirk might be fucked for a while, but I'm just happy to be around you and Sho again." You nodded while pulling at your fingers.

"You'll be okay eventually, maybe not now but soon. You're strong Y/N, always have been, and always will be. I have good news, your family will be here in a couple of days."