Karen

a/n need I say more, again I stand for nothing she says. I'm back and still alive, sorry I disappeared but you know. Life. I've been really busy. I'm going to try to update regularly. This chapter was kinda hard for me to write, considering I'm bi. Here we go. ENJOY! Oh, and my writers blocked cleared up so if you know the ship Camren, I started writing a fic for that. Its literally what I thrive off of, its unhealthy. I need help, I need therapy. I might disappear again, BUT ill try to be back asap

Karen POV

"Ken, let's go" I annunciate every vowel "bring Avery"

My husband Ken grabs our daughter by the hand and drags her along the supermarket parking lot. The shopping cart making grumbling sounds on the concrete, I pop the trunk of my Acura and load the bags of food which I got for free into it. I called for the manager.

Ken opens the back door for our 10-year-old, she climbs into the back seat and put her seatbelt on like a good girl. Once I finish loading the bags of food with my husband, I shove the cart away from the car and climb into the passenger's seat.

"let's go to 7/11 for a Slurpee" Avery asks. Before I can say no. Ken responds with a yes. He begins driving to our local 7/11.

I play the radio and some song comes on; Avery starts singing. I listen to the song, it is some trashy song, 'wait the person said gay'. in panic I turn of the radio. I turn back look at Avery, she is looking at me confused.

"the song was not holy" I say.

"what, why"

"it was talking about a boy liking a boy and that is not allowed. Only a boy can like a girl and a girl can like a boy. They can't like the same as them."

"why not" she asks.

"because it's not holy"

"wait, mom"

"yes Avery"

"but I like girls"

"no, you don't, you're confused, no girl can like a girl"

"but-"

"no buts, your mother is right, you cannot like girls" Ken cuts, Avery off. "Karen, I think we should but her in therapy"

"I agree Ken" I say. We sit in silence while he makes a few turns.

"We are here" I hear Ken say. I get out and hold the door for my family. Ken leads her to the back of the store where the Slurpee machine is. He grabs her a cup and is telling her the flavors when 2 girls and 2 boys walk into the store. The two boys come over to the candy section, where I am, and the 2 girls walk over to the Slurpee machine. I don't trust them. You can't trust anyone in New York, even in the upper east side where we live.

The boys near me start looking at chocolate, the taller boy had blonde hair swept over his blue eyes, he was looking at M&Ms. The other boy was shorter, he had dark brown hair and brown eyes, he wore all black. I listened to their conversation, while pretending to look for candy.

"so, we still on for tonight, neeks"

"I told you not to call me that, but I think so, we have to ask Theyna if we're having a double" he says Theyna in a whiney kind of voice and then gives a small smile to the taller boy.

"well, gays for life am I right, and they are going to say yes, we both know that" the taller boy says. 

I do a double take when I hear the word gay. No both of them like girls, there were to girls who came in with them. I turn around with my hand full of candy to see the taller boy give a small little peck to the smaller boy, the smaller boy starts blushing. I drop the candy in my hands from shock. The boys look to me then start walking away from me, towards the 2 girls. I see them laughing by the Slurpee machine.

I see Avery with Ken filling up her cup with cherry flavored Slurpee. The girls are still laughing, one is like the short boy, wearing black clothes, she has electric blue eyes and pearly white teeth. The other girl has here arm draped around the blue-eyed girl. The other girl had brown eyes and brown hair, she looked very fancy (a/n I was going to put regal but realized Karen's don't have that vocabulary).

They stop laughing and the brown-eyed girl leans towards the blue-eyed girl and kisses her passionately.

I hear the blue-eyed boy laugh, the girls break apart, the boy then says, "ahh, gays"

I rush over there and am about to confront the 2 females and 2 males when I almost trip. i walk over to them.

"you can't be gay" I said.

"why not" the blue-eyed boy says, while the brown eyed girl says "watch me"

The brown eyed girl leans forward and kisses the other girl. I see Avery in the corner of my eye with her mouth wide open. This is a bad example. I push the girls away from each other.

"excuse me," the blue-eyed boy says, the politeness and kind eyes gone and replaced with eyes that carry blue fire.

"I will explain it to you like I did my daughter; you cannot like someone of the same gender"

"why not" the brown eyed boy asks.

"because it is against gods' will, you should stop right now, go to church and cleanse yourself"

"I think you have something wrong; we don't believe in your god."

"I don't care, my god says you cannot love someone of the same gender"

I am screaming now.

"excuse me Mrs. but you either need to calm down or get out of my 7/11" the manager says.

"but they are gay"

"Mrs. I am going to throw you out"

I huff -and stomp my feet a few times, then get out of the 7/11. I wait for Ken and Avery by my car. From the car I look through the glass of the 7/11 and see the girls talking to Avery.

a/n idrk how to end it so, yay? no question today.

Word count:1025