Chapter 21

Everyone on the table was quiet after the sudden announcement from Kai before all hell breaks loose. Loud clinking sounds of forks and knives placed on plates carelessly can be heard from the table. The gentlemen all spoke simultaneously.

"What?!" ~Baekhyun
"Since when?!" ~Chanyeol
"How?!" ~Sehun
"Who's the father?" ~Suho

Naeun didn't know where to look, so she gaze at Oh Hayoung and smile sheepishly instead.
"Congratulations." Oh Hayoung mouthed over the men's voices with a sincere smile plastered on her face.
"Thank you." Naeun answered softly before she leans back on her seat, letting Kai to clear the confusion.

Kai raised his hand to silence his friends and gaze at each curious faces. Chanyeol eyes are as big as saucers staring at him. Baekhyun have a knowing smirk on his face. Miss Oh had a sweet smile plastered while Sehun mouth is hanging opened in disbelief. Turning to his right, he saw Suho's brows lifted, waiting expectantly.
"Hmm, can we talk after dinner?" He asked to no one in particular and got simultaneous No as answer from his friends.

"Well to answer the questions, I'm the father. We're expecting the baby sometime around December or early January." Kai stopped and glanced at his friend faces for their reactions.

He chuckles seeing Chanyeol and Sehun's expressions. Chanyeol eyes got wider and so does Sehun's mouth.

"You know the How's Sehunnie. So I won't answer that." Kai added jokingly.

He heard snickers from Suho and Baekhyun while Miss Oh covered her giggles with her hand. Turning his head to his left, he gaze at Naeun's face lovingly.
Taking her hand in his , he smile to his friends.

"We're getting engaged next week. Wedding will be held soon after." Naeun spoke at last with a shy smile.

Suho raised his hand, calling the waiter and asked for a bottle of champagne before turning to congratulate Naeun and Kai.

Their main courses arrived soon after and they enjoyed the dinner with conversations and teasings in between.

Suho stood up and made a toast after the waiter cleared their table and poured the champagne. Everyone on the table stood up and exchanged hugs with Kai and Naeun, sincerely congratulating them.

Naeun excused herself to go to the bathroom when Oh Hayoung stood up and followed her. Leaving the men to talk amongst themselves.

"So you finally realised your true feelings?" Suho asked after the ladies are gone from their sight.
"You could say that." Kai answered.
"But a baby? That was fast. Pretty sure during Sehun's birthday you said something about strangling Naeun." The group of men laughed hearing Chanyeol's words, Kai included.

"Things happened. And now I can't live without her." Kai said with serious tone when the laughter subsided.

"When were you able to live without Naeun? Sticking to her side all these years. It was just a question of when for you two to finally come to your senses and realised how you both felt." Sehun who have known Kai and Naeun since middle school uttered.

"Was everyone aware of our feelings long before we did?" Kai asked, looking at each faces around him.

"It was obvious for everyone with eyes. Jeez I wanted to knock both your head few times so you would see." Baekhyun answered teasingly and earned smiles from everyone.

"So Sehunnie, are you taking Suho hyung's suggestions seriously?"Kai asked looking directly to Sehun when there was a lull in their conversation.

"What suggestion?" Baekhyun asked, puzzled. His gaze on Sehun before moving to Suho and finally on Kai.

"To court a certain heiress." Suho winked at Sehun after his remark.

Sehun squirmed in his seat and glare at Kai and Suho respectively. Chanyeol who was leaning back on his seat, straightened and stare at Sehun before speaking.

"Well she is pretty, great figure and smart too from the little conversations we had tonight."

Baekhyun nodded his agreement to Chanyeol's statement and focused on Sehun's face.

"Are you all kidding me? She is so not my type. Too tall, too headstrong and too forward for my taste. I won't be interested in Miss Oh even if I got her hotels thrown in the bargain." Sehun spoke vehemently loud without realising that Oh Hayoung and Naeun were just walking back to the table.

"Glad to have that bit of information Mr Oh. Though I am unsure what to do with it." Oh Hayoung sat back down with a smile.

The men glanced at Hayoung and Sehun's face nervously. Clearly the mood has dampened by Sehun's statement.

"Ms Oh, don't mind Sehunnie. He is just grumpy."
Baekhyun spoke softly.

"That's fine Mr Byun. In fact it's nice to know my inheritance won't buy me a husband. Anyway congratulations again Naeun Eonnie and Mr Kim Kai." Oh Hayoung said without looking at Sehun and focused on the couple in front of her. Lifting her champagne flute in salutation. The rest of the table occupants followed, raising their glasses with their own well wishes.

Naeun and Hayoung stood in front of the restaurant talking and laughing while the gentlemen stood a but further away from them. Their designated drivers are on the way to send them home.

"You should apologise to Miss Oh. What you said must've hurt her." Suho whispered to Sehun. The other three men nodded their assent.
"But Hyung, I was just stating facts. She is not my type." Sehun grumbled in his deep voice.
"Still, you have to say sorry. Come on Sehun be a gentleman." Chanyeol who was quiet spoke up.

They couldn't continue with their conversations when their designated drivers arrived almost at the same time. Kai and Naeun got into Kai's car, Chanyeol, Suho, and Baekhyun in Suho's car, while Sehun and Hayoung stood in front of Sehun's car waving goodbye at the others and got inside Sehun's car.

Writer's Note : Boring chapter 🙃 I need exo comeback teasers. Naeun is no longer part of PlayM 😱 good luck baby in YG