Chapter 28

"Eonnie! They got engaged. Your plan did not work." Krystal screamed and thrown her cellphone towards Jessica.

Jessica barely managed to evade the cellphone hurled at her. Her heart pounds hard in her chest, Krystal looked ready to kill and for once in her life Jessica is actually terrified of her younger sister.

Jessica turned her head to gaze on the now broken cellphone on the floor before facing Krystal again. Inhaling a deep breath before speaking in the most calming manner she could muster.

"Krys, eonnie have other plans. They're just engaged not married. Calm down okay?"

"Eonnie, how can I calm down?! You said they won't get engaged and she will lose her baby." Krystal paces back and forth around Jessica's spacious living room anxiously. Her face contorted in anger.

"I have someone following Naeun to do the job. She will lose the baby and Kai. So please Krys, don't stress over this matter and let Eonnie handle it. You have appointment with Dr MyungSoo today right?"
Jessica spoke in a soft placating tone that seem to have a calming effect on Krystal.

Krystal nodded her head and walk away. Leaving Jessica to clean the broken cellphone with lots of thoughts in her head.

Jessica truly hope that Dr MyungSoo would be able to treat Krystal. She knows what she is doing is wrong, but she is willing to sacrifice anyone for Krystal's sake. Her hold on the cellphone tightened as memories of Krystal looking messed up couple of weeks ago came back to her. No turning back for Jessica now.

Determined, she threw the broken cellphone and grab her own cellphone and make a phone call.

"Keep watching her. Call me for any news."

Satisfied for the time being, Jessica walked to Krystal's room.

At the hospital

Kai stood staring at Naeun sleeping form, she looked so pale that it scares him. The doctor told him that she had bleeding due to the after effect of the fall she took in front of Marcella's. Stress could've played a part as well.

Taking a deep calming breath, Kai took a seat near Naeun's bed and held her hand. His gaze still focused on her beautiful face.

"Nangni, you are so precious to me. I want to love and protect you for a long time." He paused and laid his head on the bed, closed to her belly.

"And I love our baby too. I don't want anything to ever happen to the two of you."

He stayed that way for what seemed like an eternity, when Naeun's eyes finally opens. Sitting up straight, Kai moved his left hand to touch on her face gently.
His right hand squeezing her right hand slightly, letting her know of his presence.

"Darling, anything you needed?" He asked softly.

"Our baby?" Naeun whispered. Her voice a bit hoarse, he barely could hear her.

"Our baby is fine. You just had a minor shock."
He answered simply. His lips curving a small smile.

She opened her lips to speak, but he shush her with his finger on her lips. Shaking his head, he commanded her not to speak.

"You need to rest. Sleep for now. We have plenty of time for talks tomorrow."

Naeun gave him a smile as he make sure the blanket covers her well. She finds it comforting to have him fuss over here. He have taken her right hand back in his thus she touch her belly with her left. Caressing the still flat surface.

Kai noticed her action. Taking a deep breath, his hand moved to stop her hand motion. Intertwining their hands on her belly.

Writer's note: please forgive me for late update. I'm busy with EXO special album 🙈
We got Lay Zhang after so many years 😭😭

Preorder DFTF if you haven't ❤️❤️ It have been so long since we had this many content to anticipate 🥺

Hope to see Apink comeback soon too. The members seem to be hinting it these days.