Chapter 13

They arrived at the penthouse with their purchases and she is helping him arranging everything in its place while he is busy preparing their dinner. Kai turned around once to ask her opinion on the dish he have in mind and when she appears to approve he went back to the task of cooking for her.

Naeun was done with her task and stood staring at Kai who was busy grilling beef and washing some salad leaves. She have had feelings for him in the past but when he never treated her more than a friend she hidden and buried it all but now she is confused again. She continue to stare at him busily moving around the kitchen when he stopped in front of her and place a kiss on her lips.

"Stop dreaming of me and help to set the table will you?" He smirk and walked away to remove the beef from the skillet. Walking to where she have placed the eggs, Kai took several of the eggs and cracked it on the skillet making sunny side up. She smile at his display of affection and move to set the table as he asked abandoning her previous thoughts.

Naeun took a seat on the chair at the dining table with a bowl of rice prepared in front of her and watch the grilled beef steaming hot making saliva pooled in her mouth.
"Jonginie please hurry up. I'm hungry." She whines as he walked to the table with greens and the fried eggs. Smiling Naeun took the bowl of greens and placed it next to the beef. Putting her hands together she smile at him and asked him to pray before they start eating.

Naeun was reaching for the half cooked eggs when he stopped her.
"Expectant mothers aren't allowed to eat half cooked eggs. You are welcome to eat the fully cooked ones." She stare at him with widen eyes before pouting as he placed the other egg on her rice bowl.
"Jongin just how much you have read about pregnancy in the short amount of time? Jeez we just found out I was pregnant today."
"Funny it feels like ages ago since we get the news. The pamphlet the nurse gave was quite educational. Remind me to give it to you to read." He smiles and continue eating.

Naeun ate the food he prepared with gusto, she was never fond of Kai ways of cooking often thinking he cooked too much proteins for her liking but not today. When she was finished with her food, she stare at the empty bowl in front of her with wonder.
"Must be the hormones."
"What is Nangni darling?" he asked with a smile.
"I never liked your cooking and to think I begged you to cook for me. No other explanations." He laughed seeing her face full with wonders.
"Could be our baby wanted to eat something his dad cooked. Knowing your cooking skills, I don't blame him." He laughed again and earned a glare from Naeun. She stood up and cleared the table before turning to focus on his face.
"It could be a girl you know."

Naeun went to the sink and washed the dishes and the items he used for cooking while he went to his room to get his laptop and cellphone. Kai sat on the living room's sofa comfortably and watch her move around the kitchen. A thought crossed his mind and he waited until she took a seat in front of him before voicing it to her.
"Nangni, why don't you move in here?" She took her cellphone out of her hand bag ignoring him.
"Come on, we are going to get married anyways." He added. Looking up at him she smiles before answering his question.
"Jongin darling, why don't we wait until we signed the papers before I move in with you? Give a girl some freedom will you?"

Naeun knew very well what a control freak Kai is and in her current conditions he would probably be extra protective. She needs some times to get used to the idea of marrying him and living together is not going to help and she told him as much.

He sighed and stare at his laptop, replying to some work related emails and reading a few reports in preparation for a meeting in the morning when he heard her yawn. He glanced at the time on his laptop before looking up at her tired face.
"Sleep here tonight."

Standing up Kai pulled her slowly to his room. She was too tired and sleepy that she didn't argue with him. He instructed her to wash up and wear any of his shirts to sleep before going out again. Naeun went to the bathroom with eyes half closed feeling truly exhausted. She came out of the bathroom and he was still not back to the room, thinking that he probably have work to finish she gradually move to his closet and took out a plain white shirt. She wore that and lay down falling asleep in no time.

Kai walked in to the room to the sight of Naeun sleeping. Walking soundlessly so he won't wake her up he changes his clothes for something more comfortable. Choosing a round necked shirt and just his boxers he laid down facing her. He smile at the thoughts of how it will be to be married to her. Naeun is as headstrong as him and independent but deep down she is also very understanding and loving. Life will be interesting with her by his side.

The next day

Kai cellphone alarm rang and woke her up. She stare at his sleeping face before reaching for that blasted thing. Naeun was about to turn the alarm off when she felt his arm moved and took the cellphone from her before pinning her down on the bed with his body.
"Leave it, I need to hear the chorus part before I can open my eyes properly in the morning." he whispered lazily.
"Really Jongin? Apink Nonono? You had that song as alarm for ages and you still need to hear it?"
Instead of answering her he sing the chorus part softly before turning  the alarms off.
"The song gave me strength while serving in the military. Don't you think it's an amazing song?"

Naeun rolled her eyes as a response to his statement. It is a great and catchy song, she couldn't deny it but to listen to it on daily basis is a different level of fondness.
"Jongin do you perhaps have a crush on one of the members?" she asked, her eyes focused on his face.
"I'll tell you someday why I like the group so much but not today. There's something more pressing to address this morning." He spoke in all seriousness that her brows creased. Before she could open her mouth to ask him, his head swoop down and capture her lips.

He enjoyed watching her dazed eyes after he ended the kiss and the way her lips parted slightly. Finding it refreshing to see her in this different light and perspective. Standing up he left her on the bed with a smirk.