Chapter 5

Kai looked at the faces around him one by one, confident he made a convincing and impactful presentation. He smile briefly at his assistant who's giving him a thumbs up from near the meeting room entrance. His father watched him with pride evident in his eyes before speaking as the Chairman to ask the board members if they have any questions and when none of the board members have any, he proceeded to ask the board members to vote in favour or against the proposal. Kai was relieved and elated at the same time when he saw the number of hands that rises in favour of his proposal.

He received the congratulations from the board members with humble smile and thanked them for their guidance before going back to his office to inform his team on their success.

Kai walked into his floor without a smile to make a surprise for his team when he heard loud cheers. A wide smile broke on his face, guessing they have heard the news.
"Congratulations and thank you, all of you" he spoke when the cheers ended.
"We have a tougher job ahead of us as we will be in charge of this project. So fighting you all" he said with a smile earning another cheer from his team.
"Boss, team dinner tonight?" His assistant ask with a cheeky smile. He looked at the hopeful faces around him and chuckles.
"Let's celebrate then. It's on me."
The team thank him and cheer loudly. Laughing he went to his room and took a seat, his assistant standing in front of him waiting for his orders. He glanced at his wristwatch noting the time before speaking.

"Book a table for dinner at 7 p.m for us at the usual place and reserve the VIP room at Marcella's as well." His assistant nod and smile at him writing down his instruction on the memo pad she's holding.
"And Miss Park, please inform our staff members they can go home early today. I'll see you all at the restaurant later."
"I will sir and thank you"
Smiling his assistant Park Chorong went out of his room and conveyed his instructions to the other staffs from their department.

Kai was happy seeing his staff members talking and enjoying their dinner. Glad that the team accepted him to lead the marketing and planning team last year. Some of the managers are way older and more experienced than him and he learned from them with open heart.

"Boss, where are we going next?" the receptionist of their floor Choi Aera ask giddily.
"I asked Miss Park to book a room at Marcella's. Enjoy your night guys and I'll I see you all on Monday" there were protests around him insisting for him to join them. Smiling he nodded and walked out of the restaurant with them.

He drove to Naeun's club with Park Chorong, Choi Aera and one of the head clerk Yook Sungjae following in his car. While the rest of the team rode in the other two senior managers car.

"Wow, I've never been to Marcella's VIP room before" Choi Aera spoke excitedly. Some of the staff members nodded and agree with her. Smiling Kai told them to order any drinks they like and have fun.
He didn't feel like staying honestly but for the sake of his team he'll stay for awhile he guess.

The eldest are drinking and singing merrily, while the youngest mostly have went down to the dance floor when Son Naeun walks in to the room.

Park Chorong who have met Son Naeun on previous occasion stood up and bowed politely to the younger woman. Son Naeun bowed back and said hi to the room occupants.
"If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to call the waiting staff outside. I hope all of you have an enjoyable night" she smile graciously avoiding Kai's gaze.
"Thank you" Park Chorong spoke on behalf of the team.

The door opened as Choi Aera and Yook Sungjae walks in laughing happily. They stop to stare at Son Naeun before looking at the team for guidance.
"Miss Son Naeun the owner of Marcella's. Nangni meet maknaes of our team Choi Aera and Yook Sungjae" Kai introduced them when everybody seems reluctant to speak. Naeun bowed at the youngsters politely and wishes them to have enjoyable night.