Chapter 19

She was awake long before he did. Naeun stare at the beautiful man sleeping next to her with admiration and love shining through her eyes.

Removing his arms from her waist carefully so not to wake him, Naeun rise from the bed and picked up her clothes from the floor. Giving one last glance at his still sleeping form, Naeun walked out with a smile.

Naeun's head were filled with so many thoughts. Despite what occurred the night before, they still have many things to talk and discuss about and she need to keep her emotions in check in order to do so.

Kai may have confessed to loving her, but deep down Naeun is unsure whether he truly meant what he said. She doesn't need him to say those words to her if it was only due to pity.

Done with her showers, she dressed in a long skinny jeans and a black crop top. The only other clothes she have in the guest room are mostly her working clothes and few dinner dresses. She need to stop spending a night in the penthouse.

"With the frequent  sleepovers I had here, I might as well bring my entire wardrobe just to have comfortable clothes in the morning after." Naeun mumbled to herself ,walking out of the guest room.

She opened the kitchen cupboards looking for cereals, suddenly craving cereals when she usually only drink juices as breakfast.

Her eyes caught sight of the cereal box at the top cabinet. Standing on her tiptoes trying to reach for the cereal box but her fingers pushed the box further away. "Why does he have to put it so far up is beyond me." She grunt in frustration.

Pulling a chair from the kitchen island bar, Naeun smile and hopped on it. Happy she could finally reach the blasted box when her feet lost balance.

She swayed and closed her eyes bracing herself for the hard fall. But instead of the floor, she fell into a warm embrace. Her eyes opened slowly to the image of Kai's angry face.

"Son Naeun, what the hell were you thinking?! If I don't happen to be here, you could've gotten serious injuries!"

His heart stopped beating for a moment when he saw her swaying and falling. Thank god for his fast reflexes. The relief over being able to catch her now replaced with anger.

Naeun stood up straight, her right hand still holding the box of cereals before gradually looking at his face. Clearing her throat, she showed him the box and shakes it hoping he would smile. He didn't.

"I wanted to eat cereals. Why would you put it up there? Not everyone is 6 feet tall you know." She sounded nonchalant despite her erratic heart beats, her left hand went to her belly protectively after turning to give her back to him.

"You could've asked me to get it for you instead of climbing a chair. I almost had a heart attack seeing you falling from up there. You didn't risk just yourself but also our baby. Please don't do that again." He spoke softly.

He moved to hug her from behind, his hands on top of hers on her belly and rest his chin on her shoulder. Naeun bit her lips feeling guilty before apologising.

Kai loosen his hold on her and move away to make himself a cup of coffee. He pressed the button on the coffee machine and turned to watch her while waiting for the machine to finish it's job.

She have poured fresh milk into a bowl of cereals before putting it back in the refrigerator. Naeun hummed to Apink's Nonono which made him smile and walked to the dining table.