Chapter 6

Naeun walks into Kai's penthouse angrily, taking off her stilettos Naeun took few steps toward the living room and stood waiting for him.

"What were you thinking?!" She shouted as soon as he stood in front of her.
"He was a bastard. What do you expect me to do? Talk to him nicely?" Raising his voice back at her.
"You should've controlled your anger. You freaking made a punching bag of him."
"He came at me first and you know it. Furthermore after all he said to you, why are you defending him?!"
"I'm not defending him. I'm worried for you idiot!" She screams in vexation before taking a seat on the sofa.

Naeun took deep breaths trying to hold her frustrated tears in but she couldn't and it slid down her cheeks freely. Kai saw her tears and felt both anger and guilt.
"Fuck Nangni, why are you crying?" He knelt down in front of her and took her hands in his. Lifting his hand and he wiped her tears tenderly.
"Stop cursing" she said with a small smile.
"Can't help it. You're ugly when you cry."
She chuckles and smack him on the shoulder. He's been telling her she look ugly when she cried since what seems like forever that she doesn't cry in his presence often.

"Nangni, why'd you date that bastard?" He ask in low voice.
"He was kind and sweet in the beginning. But then he changed. I'm glad I didn't introduce him to my family and to you."
"I'm glad I punched him." He said proudly.
"Oh really? What if there were people that saw you? What if he makes a police report and sues you? Did you think about that?"
"Calm down and breath Nangni. We'll handle it if that happens."
"We're not teenagers. We have to think about our family names and businesses. You're being reckless" she said heatedly.

Standing up she went to the mini bar and poured herself a glass of brandy. She drank it in one shot hoping the alcohol will calm her nerves. He came to stand next to her and took the bottle away from her hand before she could fill her glass again. She stare at him and pushed her glass to him asking for refills.

"You're sleeping here if you drink more." He warns her.  She rolled her eyes at him.
"I don't care. Just pour me the brandy. It's going to help me get good sleep anyway."
He refilled her glass before pouring some of the brandy for himself. She felt calmer after she finished the second glass. Taking deep breaths she fixed her gaze on him. He's right, she should stop worrying.

She walks back to the sofa and took out her cellphone from her bag. She checks for calls or messages from her staff, seeing none she sigh and open the text message from Taemin.

You're a bitch. I'll make sure you and your bestie pay for humiliating me

She kept her facial expression calm and collected, not wanting Kai to know and make a fuss and place her cellphone back into her bag. She turns around and excuse herself to go to the guest room.

He stare at her back until she got inside the guest room before he went to his own room. Taking of his shirt and grabbing a towel, he was about to get into his bathroom when he heard a soft knock.

She stood in front of his door with a smile when he opened it.
"Jongin lend me a pj please. I've got nothing to wear to sleep." She asked sweetly.

Leaving her at the door, he walks to his closet and pull a pair of pyjamas and pass it to her with a shake of his head. She took it and turn giving her back to him as she gather her hair on top of her head.
"Unzip me please."
"How did you get into this dress?" He asked, his hand searching the small hidden zipper. He unzipped her dress carefully. The dress parted revealing her milky white back and he felt something watching the tempting curves, his hand resting on top of her backside with his fingers still holding the zipper.
"My maid helped me with the zipper. Are you done?"
He cleared his throat and pulled his hand away.
"Done."
She turn to face him and said thank you before walking back to the guest room.

Kai stood staring in front of him suddenly feeling lost. He never felt like this when he's with her and it confuses him. Yes he care for her but never as a man to a woman, she's just Naeun his best friend. Taking a deep breath he went back into his room and showered.

She finished showering and sat down on the bed wearing the pyjama top he gave her forgoing the pants since it didn't fit her. She closes her eyes and the image of Kai's chest and the way his biceps moved while getting her the pyjamas came to her. It's stirring fire in her belly and the memory of his warm hand on her back makes her wanting to have his hand all over her body.
"Must be the event of the day. It's definitely got nothing to do with him. I am not lusting over Jongin." She muttered denying what her body is telling her.

Pic crtoNaeun tossed and turned on the bed feeling hot and not able to fall asleep

Pic crto
Naeun tossed and turned on the bed feeling hot and not able to fall asleep. Giving up, she sat down and try to read the time on the wall clock. Dawn is still a few hours away. Naeun walked out of the room and went to the kitchen, she was just putting back the water bottle into the fridge when she heard his deep voice.

"Nangni, why are you out here half naked in the middle of the night?"
"I was thirsty. And look who's talking" she smirk as her eyes travelled down his body to make her point. He was in his boxers. When her eyes met his again her face was slightly flushed. Kai raised his brows knowingly.
"Like what you're seeing?"
"I've seen better"

He closed the distance between them until she can feel the coldness of the refrigerator door on her back and he came closer still. Lowering his head close to her face he smirk seeing her blushed. His hands on the fridge trapping her as as he whispers softly on her ear.

"Nangni, you're trembling"
Her breath hitched as she felt his warm breath on her skin. She couldn't move even if she wants to.
Lifting his head, he stare at her face closely.
"Cold or are you perhaps scared?" He asked.
"Should I be scared?" She answered with breathy voice, her hands went up to hold his shoulders as she pushes her soft breasts against his hard chest.
"You're playing a dangerous game here Nangni."

He kissed her hard and she kisses him back with equal fervour. Lifting her easily, he place her on the kitchen counter his mouth continuing its assault on her lips. Naeun's hands holding his shoulders for balance as her legs wrapped around his waist. Keeping their balance with his right hand on the counter, his left moved to rub her legs. He heard her soft moan when he bit her lower lip and couldn't help himself but to be aroused by it. Sucking her lower lip for one last time, he releases her mouth.

They're both panting as soon as the kiss ended. When their breathing was back to normal he pulled her upright and felt her legs sliding off his waist, her hands still resting comfortably in his shoulders.

Standing between her legs, his arms on her sides, he stare at her and spoke softly.
"Nangni, I'm sorry."
"Why?"
"I shouldn't be doing this to you. You're my best friend."

Letting her hand fall, she stood up and smile.
"I'm an adult Jongin. I could say no but I responded instead. Should I apologise too?"
"That's not what I meant." He wanted to say more but she stops him.
"It's okay Jongin. Let's just pretend this didn't happen" she left him and went back to her room.

She's making him feel like a loser. She is his best friend she should be more understanding. Heck she was like a sister to him, of course he should apologise for kissing her the way he did. And how could she asked him to pretend the kiss didn't happen. She asked him to forget last week happened too. Damn her. He fucked her and taken her virginity instead of asking him to be responsible she asked him to forget it. "Know what I'll forget it if that's what she wants" He pulled his hair in vexation and went back to his room.