Lye's fear and the Last stand

Lyel's POV:

The metal. The gunshots. The wounded. The dead. The blood. The tears shed. The howls of pain and mourning. I couldn't take it. My anger was rising with every passing moment. Yes, Eithne had been saved but her cut on her throat was there when I checked on her. Mya and Alexis were no where in sight and I was getting frustrated. I took a deep breath before dodging a bullet. I continued running.

This war is stupid. I didn't want to fight yet she....she forced me too. She could be playing with me like a cat with a yarn ball. Damn it.

I started climbing a tree. Before long I was in the canopy. I stared down onto the battle field. Evi was being a badass with her sword while Eithne was shooting people with her .85 caliber gun. In the distance I saw a figure. They grew in size and before long large Eagles swooped in and grabbed wolves and their riders before flying back into the air, dropping them.

"Need help?" Bruno asked, extending his hand to me.

"Heh. Can't you answer that yourself?" I asked, accepting his hand and going onto Dark.

Bruno smirked,"Yes I can"

We swooped down and I freaked out a little. Bruno snickered at me which resulted me hitting him in the back for him to shut up.

"So how is it with you and your girlfriend?" I asked, taking out 2 kunai and throwing them at some people.

"It's going good. After this, I have a date" Bruno replied, drawing his bow and releasing three arrows.

When they hit their targets, the arrows exploded.

"That's gotta hurt" I said.

"Yup"

The Eagles continued swooping down and before long almost the entire army that Christie had were gone. A cheer rose through me and Bruno as we high fived each other.

"I'm so lucky Dark isn't hurt" Bruno said.

I nodded as Bruno continued,"If he gets hurt so do I. We are linked"

Wait-

"Watch out!" I shouted.

It was too late. Bruno's eyes widened slightly as a bullet went through his stomach. Dark screeched with pain and Bruno fell off of his eagle.

"Bruno!" I yelled, attempting to catch him.

Bruno was unconscious and Dark was falling from the sky. I had to move or I'd die. I jumped off of Dark and landed onto the floor, coughing out some blood. A loud boom was heard and I turned to see Dark on the floor with Bruno next to him.

Before I could move, a foot went onto my stomach. I looked into my sister's Crimson eyes.

"Onee-chan..." I muttered and her gun was pointed at my face.

"Hello. I didn't think it would be that easy to take down bird boy" Christie's voice seemed sinister.

"Shut up, ass-" My head slammed onto the ground with her foot on my face.

"Shut up, short stack" Christie barked.

I went silent. Christie put on a sympathetic look on her face before she laughed lightly.

"Look, you gave me no choice"

"Same here"

"Shut up, shortie!"

"Sh-"

"I'll kill you if you say another word"

"..."