Ch.23 •Promises•

A/n: I finished watching the Netflix series, "The Rain" I'm not sure if all states have it but I'm in the US and I have it. The series is complete and you don't have to worry about a cliffhanger. (I fan casted Oliver from that show) his name in the show is Rasmus. The show is so underrated it deserves so much more attention. It's a dystopian series about rain that contains a virus and this group of young adults is trying to find a way to end it. I definitely recommend it! Let me know what you think of it if you watch it.
•••••••••••

Y/n's POV:

After a while of being on the roof, Newt asked if I was going back inside, but I told him that I needed some time to think and process everything. He was always so understanding so he gave me some time to think. As I was lost in thought I hadn't noticed Oli come to sit to my right. "Aren't you cold?" He asked me as I felt him put a blanket around my shoulders. "Thanks," I said my voice coming off tired and soft. "Newt told you?" I asked Oli putting my head on his shoulder. "Yeah, I figured it out myself," Oli said with a sigh.

"How did you figure it out before us?" I asked confused. "Y/n, I have the flare too except mines is spreading slower than Newts because Lawrence gave me one of the last serums. That is why Lawrence only has that left in the Iv bag because he gave me some. He said he wants me to have the chance to live a little longer." Oli said putting his head down not looking at me revealing the crank bite. I was in shock once again my lover and my best friend/ brother are infected. And I don't know what to do to save them, both.

"Just like I told Newt, we can fix this we still have some time. I just need to plan and find the cure and we can save you both. I can't lose either of you." I said pausing to take a deep breath. "You saved me, you and Gally saved me. Just when I thought I had nothing worth living for I met you guys, I remember your exact words, "It will get better you'll see!" Remember? Those words kept me going throughout the scorch. And now I'm going to save you and Newt, even if it takes my life." I said hot tears rolling down my eyes, he too had tears in his eyes he was afraid I could see it.

"Can you promise me something?" Oli asked finally looking at me. I nodded not knowing if I could make any promises. "Let's be realistic, Y/n. You can't save everyone...so if it comes down to me or Newt. Promise me you'll choose Newt." He said to me as he tried to smile. "No, I can't promise you that, I'm not going to chose because we're going to save you both," I said my voice getting shaky. "I don't know what to do anymore, I don't know how we're going to pull this off. I don't want to lose anyone else." I breathed looking at my hands. "It's okay, everything is going to be okay." He whispered pulling me in and let me cry in his arms. "No it's not." I sniffled causing him to looked at me in confusion. "It's hasn't even begun." I mumbled looking at WCKD'S tall walls.

~

We heard the door behind us open and saw Gally come out and sit to my left. "Looks like the trio's back together huh?" Oli said smiling at Gally and me. "Yeah, it feels good to be back," I said putting my arm around the boy's shoulders. "I can't believe I'm saying this but I missed you two bickering and being annoying all the time," Gally admitted to us as Oli and I looked at him with fake shocked faces. "Wow, Gally missed us," Oli said putting a hand to his heart and making a pouty face as Gally and I laughed.

After a while, we all went back inside and kept talking about everyone's places with the plane. As everyone was talking I wanted to talk to Lawrence for a bit. He was in a computer room with other men trying to hack into WICKED'S system. "Y/n, I knew you'd come to talk. It makes me happy to know you're alive, now I can die in peace." Lawrence said with a smile. "Lawrence, come on don't say that," I said shaking my head.