Ch.34 •The Final Chapter•

6   Y e a r s L a t e r

Y/n's POV:

Almost five months after we arrived at the Safe Haven Newt and I got married. Or so that's what we called it some kids and our friends organized it. It was beautiful just as we planned it. The small ceremony took place by the seaside just like we wanted it. My uncle Jorge let Minho walk me down the aisle instead of himself. I had Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Gally, and Oli by my side. Gally and Oli wanted to be by my side to show that we're still a trio and always will be close. Newt had Thomas, Minho, Fry, and Aris on his side. We all adjusted to living on an island pretty quickly now we even have cattle! A month after Newt and I got married, Oli proposed to Brenda. We all kind of saw it coming it just took Oli a while, he was so nervous and kept asking me if I thought she'd say yes. Of course, Bren said yes they were perfect for each other so they got married then, later on, had a daughter Cora Y/n. She six years old now and looks like a mini version of Oli but with some of Brenda's features.

I've asked Minho if he's found the right girl or has a love Interest but he always says no. He just loves to joke around and be a flirt with the girls around the island. Fry, well he says he loves cooking so he wanted to focus on that so he's doesn't seem interested in anything else but perfecting his food. And May I just say his cooking is delicious nothing compared to mines. And Thomas well even though there are many single people on this island Thomas refuses to date he says he's moved on but we all know deep down Thomas still hasn't moved on from Teresa. Gally was dating a girl by the name of Jane she was beautiful. But I don't think she liked seeing Oli and I hang out with Gally. She always gave Oli and me ugly stares when we were around Gally. Oli and I, just tried to be as nice as we could be because well... she was important to Gally and we want Gally to be happy. After a year Jane passed away while giving birth to Gally's son.

Gally was heartbroken and we were all there by his side to get him through it and now he's pushing through with his beautiful son Silas Sage. I love that kid, he's five years old now and we're all helping Gally raise him Brenda and I helped the most along the way. Newt and I had two gorgeous kids just like we dreamed of. First, we had a son around the same time Cora was born we named him Rasmus Alby he is also six years old a few months younger than Cora. He got Newt's brown eyes and my color hair our friends say he looks just like me. A year later we had a daughter Soraya Dawn she's around the same age as Silas just a month older than him. She has Newt's dirty blond hair and smile, she got my hazel eyes though. And everyone says she looked just like Newt but with my eyes.

My flashbacks and nightmares have almost completely gone away thanks to Newt who helped me over the years. They're still there but I can deal with them better now. Sometimes we tell our kids stories about our old friends the ones we've lost and how they saved us. Obviously, we don't tell them the whole thing, they're just toddlers but as they grow up they will hear our stories and know about the people that helped make this all possible.

~

List of the simple info of their kids:

Oliver and Brenda end up having a daughter. Name: Cora Y/n
Meaning: just, honest, virtuous, or good.
Reason for the name: Cora because it reminded them of the sea, their new home. And Y/n because Y/n saved Oliver in many more ways than with the cure. Because of her, he has this new home.

Newt and Y/n will have a son:
Name: Rasmus Alby
Pronunciation: RAHS- Mousse
Meaning: beloved, desired
Reason for the name: Rasmus because they liked the sound of it. And Alby because he played a really big part in his Newts life. Alby was Newt's first friend and Alby's death hurt Newt the most.

And a daughter:
Name: Soraya Dawn
Pronunciation: So-rA-ya
Meaning: Princess, Bright, Sky, Light
Reason for the name: Soraya was because they wanted to name their daughter a name that reminded them of Sonya (Newt's sister) and Y/n's mom (Ayala) And Dawn because Newt and Y/n love stargazing when it gets dawn. Newt misses the way the sun used to hit the Glade at that perfect moment.

Gally's son.
Name: Silas Sage
Meaning: Forest, woods, wise
Reason for the name: Silas because he liked the sound of it and the woods remind him of his old job back at the Glade. Sage because his mom always thought her son would be wise and wanted that before she passed.

~

I sat in the sand next to Brenda as Rasmus and Cora were building a sandcastle with the help of Thomas and Fry, they're great uncles. I looked out into the distance as Oli and Gally played tag with Silas. I looked over to the sea as I watched Minho have Soraya on his shoulder as they chased Newt around in the ocean. I stood up and walked over to them as Minho walked up to me holding Soraya's hand, "princess here is hungry. So we're stealing one of Fry's sandwiches." Minho said smiling down at my giggling daughter. "You know Min Min, you make a good uncle," I said with a small chuckle. "Oh, I know. These kids love me! Go, have fun I'll take care of them." Minho said as Soraya swung their hands. I chuckled shaking my head, "thanks, Min." I said before he walked towards Frypan with Soraya still holding his hand.

Once I got to Newt in the ocean I splashed him with water causing him to turn around and splash me back. He pulled me in wrapping his arms around my waist, "you look lovely as always." Newt said brushing some of my wet hair behind my ear as I looked into his brown eyes and pecked him on the lips. He looked into my eyes, "you and me till my last breath. Right?" Newt asked as droplets of ocean water dripped off his nose and soaked hair. I nodded, "you and me till my last breath." I repeated as he pulled me in for another kiss.

We met running for our lives. We fell in love & now we're going to grow old together for as long as we live...

Under The Same Sky

Extra Info:Book started around March 24th year 2021 Book ended June 2nd year 2021

Extra Info:
Book started around March 24th year 2021
Book ended June 2nd year 2021

A/n:
Thank you for choosing to read this Fanfic. Thank you reader for joining me as I wrote this Fanfic. I enjoyed writing this it was fun to mess around with the plot and add my own character and their personalities. Thanks for voting (clicking the star) leaving nice comments they mean a lot and they kept me motivated to keep writing. Just like every other story mines has come to an end. I might edit this story in the future but I hope you enjoyed the story as much as I did again thank you for all the love and support. I hope to be writing another Maze Runner ff, Outsiders, Mighty Ducks, Harry Potter, or another movie/show sometime soon but for the moment I have nothing planned so until then this will not be a goodbye, but a see you shanks soon.

Love, 1-800-MH