Ch.27 •Just Leave Me•

Y/n's POV:

"Tunnels are right up ahead. Shit. Hey! Stay low! Stay low!" Gally exclaimed as we hid behind some plants. I sat in between Thomas and Newt. I was trying to get Newt to control his breathing but his cough was getting worse so I had him lay his head on my shoulder to rest. Thomas looked out into the scene where WCKD soldiers waited to be attacked, "Shit!" Thomas said as he sat back down beside me. "Get ready! All right, move up! Move up!" We heard the men yell. "Damn it!" Gally said looking out then sitting back down with Oli beside him. "What are they waiting for?" Minho asked looking at Thomas as we all glanced at each other.

Suddenly we heard an explosion come from behind Thomas. "There's your answer." I heard Oliver say from in between Minho and Gally. "Get down, get down! Stay down! Stay down!" Thomas exclaimed as he pushed me and Newt further behind the small wall barricading us. "We gotta go. We gotta go." Gally repeated as he laid on the floor. Our surroundings were filled with explosions, gunshots, and war screams. "Come on," I said to Newt as I slung one of his arms around my shoulder and he grunted. Thomas came over and helped me get him walking. Minho went over to help Oli walk but he insisted that he could still walk.

~

"Brenda, are you there?" I heard Thomas ask into the walkie as Minho and I fell while sitting down Newt because of an explosion behind us. "Shit! You okay?" Minho and I asked in sync as we check on Newt. "We're not gonna make it." I heard Thomas breathe into the walkie. "Wait, what are you talking about?" I slightly heard Brenda respond. "Just take the others. Get everybody out while you still can." Thomas breathed as I helped Gally sit Oli down. "No. I'm not leaving you. Okay? Especially not Y/n. So forget it." I heard Brenda's voice as I felt sore pain in my waist. Thomas said something else that I didn't quite hear but Brenda responded with, "Thomas, don't worry. I'm coming to you." "What are you talking about?" Thomas asked confused looking at me but I just shrugged. "Our ride's here! Just look for us near the tunnels." I heard Brenda say with a happier voice.

Narrator's POV:

"Vince?" Fry asked seeing Vince come out of the berg as he and Brenda stood in front of the berg with the kids behind them

"Vince?" Fry asked seeing Vince come out of the berg as he and Brenda stood in front of the berg with the kids behind them. "Hey, it's good to see you, too," Vince responded glancing at both Fry and Brenda. "Yeah, I know. I picked up a stray. Let's get out of here, all right?" Jorge said as he walked down to meet them. "We're not done yet.
Y/n is still inside." Brenda breathed looking at the two men but especially Jorge. "Well, let's go get her then," Vince stated putting out his hand for Brenda. "Hell yeah," Brenda responded as she took his hand and stepped into the berg. "All right, let's go," Fry instructed the kids as they all ran inside. "Onboard. Everybody. Let's go! Step up! We gotta move, we gotta move. Take a seat, harness." Jorge and Vince instructed as the kids took their seats and got ready to save Y/n and the others.

Y/n's POV:

"I got him, I got him. You need a break." Thomas said noticing the pain in my waist as he took Newt's arm off my shoulder. "Thanks," I mumbled lifting my shirt to see the side of my waist turning purple, bruising from when the explosion happened, Minho and I had fallen. "That doesn't look too good," Oli said from beside me as he tried to touch it but I flinched and put my shirt down. "It doesn't matter right now," I said to him as he gave me a worried look. "All right. Newt, we're almost there." Gally exclaimed looking back at Newt then turning back around. "Just leave me." I heard Newt say but before I could say anything there was an explosion causing a car to be tossed across the street.

"Back! Back!" Gally stated as Oli hid behind our new small barrier

"Back! Back!" Gally stated as Oli hid behind our new small barrier. Minho and Thomas sat Newt down and I kneeled in front of him. We all suddenly looked up in sync seeing a berg fly over our heads. "Okay, that's them," Thomas said as he looked at the berg. "Yeah. It's them. We gotta go. We gotta go." I said as I patted Newt's shoulder seeing as he was zoning out. "Go without me, love. You should Just go without me... Y/n." Newt said to me as he coughed out black goo. His face and neck were being taken over by black veins. His once brown eyes were now becoming bloodshot red. I shook my head, "No. I'm not leaving you. We're making it out together, remember you promised."

I got no response from Newt he just kept breathing heavily. I looked beside me at Minho and Thomas then back to Gally and Oliver behind them. I could see black veins start to appear on Oli's neck coming up to his jawline. "Minho. You gotta take Oli, run ahead, inject the serum in him, and grab another serum for Newt, get back to us as soon as you can." I said grabbing Minho's shoulders. He gave me a worried look, not wanting to leave my side. "Minho, please. Go." I breathed trying to convince him. "He's right. I can cover." Gally said backing me up and helping Oli stand up. "Hold on Newt, for her." I heard Oli say to Newt. "Good luck buttercup, thank you," Oli said as he kissed my forehead. "Be careful Y/n." Gally nodded in which I returned the nod.

"Thank you. Thank you, Minho." I heard Newt say as he held Minho's hand. "Hey, you just hang on. You hear me?" Minho said as he turned to me, "I'll run as fast as I can." Minho said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead. "Thank you," I mumbled as he ran off to follow Gally and Oli. "Go, Minho, go!" We heard Gally yell as Minho ran with Oli weakly running behind him. "Okay, they're through," Thomas said to Newt and I as we saw the three boys disappear through the smoke. "Newt? Newt?" Thomas yelled at Newt as Newt dozed off grunting and hyperventilating. "Newt? Newt listen you've been brave for so long. Please just hold on a little while longer...we're almost out, we're almost home." I sighed softly moving his sweaty hair off of his face.

•••••••••••

Word count: 1097

A/n: Sorry about the delay I have been busy but I will try my best to update often!

Love, author 1-800-MH ♡