Ch.17 •Letters•

A/n: (As I wrote this chapter it reminded me of that song ^^ )
Hi! This is going to be a chapter of how Oliver and Gally cope with Y/n's disappearance, just thought this would be a cute idea. It takes place a week after Y/n lost contact with the two boys.
•••••••••••••

Oliver's POV:

When Gally and I got back home with Lawrence and told him the news he was devastated. We think she could have died in the scorch with a bullet wound but we couldn't find her body, only blood. I had never seen Lawrence cry, he blamed himself for letting her live with her parents knowing they were infected. Gally blames himself for letting go of her so soon. I blame myself for not making more time to have had visited her. We all blame ourselves for not doing enough, for not being enough. I miss Y/n every day that passes by, she was so much like my sister that I started treating Y/n as my sister.

Gally and I became distant because of how broken and hurting we are over Y/n's disappearance. Still now a week later we are all grieving in our own ways. Lawrence cuts a rose every day and leaves it on the dresser of her old room. Gally sits on her bed or goes up to the roof, stuck in thought when he thinks no one is watching. I, well I started doing the thing she liked most, reading. She read her favorite Wizarding world book. In the afternoon's I walk into her room and read a few chapters, sometimes I'd accidentally fall asleep on her bed without noticing. After reading I place the book on her bookshelf and leave a buttercup flower on her small vase sitting on her nightstand.

Every time I lose someone I write a letter. When I lost my mom I wrote a letter. When I lost my sister I wrote a letter. When I lost my father I wrote a letter. After writing the letters I burn them to help cope with the loss, I know what you're thinking, Oliver how does writing a letter and burning it help you cope with pain? Well...I don't know either I guess it's become a habit but it strangely helps. Today I will be writing my letter, maybe I'll even convince Gally to write one too. I'm sitting at Y/n's desk thinking of all the things I could write down.

(Oliver's letter)

To my dearest, Buttercup

I never thought the day of me writing this letter would come so soon. I spend my afternoons reading your favorite book I know what Avada Kedavra means now. Remember that prank we pulled on the first night that I met you? I wish we could go back to that night, we were all carefree for a moment not worried about surviving. I miss that feeling. I miss how much you and I pestered Gally. Surprisingly I even miss the time you woke me up by splashing water on my face, I forgive you. I miss our late-night talks around the bonfire. Carol that lady that gave you clothes? She was crying for two days, Gally and I had to help calm her down, she misses you too. I might be seeing you soon, won't be long till I catch the flare and crank out, yes Y/n, I'm not immune I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I didn't want to put more on your plate or have you worried about me catching it. Hopefully, I don't catch it too soon though I want to live long enough to tell my kids my stories and all of our adventures. Hopefully, we're all wrong and you're still somehow alive. I still have hope in you, Y/n maybe just maybe I'll open my eyes and you'll come back. But if that's not the case, I will never forget your annoying and unforgettable laugh. I miss you with all my heart, as I know everyone else will too. I love you, Buttercup.

Y̶o̶u̶r̶ b̶e̶s̶t̶ f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶, O̶l̶i̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶

Your Brother not by blood but by heart, Oli