Ch.28 •Take Me Home•

A/n: (chapter named after the song) A song that reminds me of Newt and made me cry. Swipe on the picture.↑↑

Y/n's POV:

"Thomas we have to try and meet them halfway, let's pick him up," I said to Thomas as I looked over my shoulder and saw people still fighting. He nodded, "Hey! Hey! Newt! We're gonna try this. Okay? We gotta move, now." "Let's get you up, come on." I breathed as I put his right arm around my shoulder. He removed his arm from around my shoulder, "Let's go, come on." I repeated as I tried to put his arm around my shoulder again. "No. No, Y/n." He argued as he ripped a necklace off of his neck and held it out in front of me. "No, Newt. Please you can give that to me Later." I said pushing the necklace away. "Really gotta go. Come on." Thomas said from beside me trying to pick him up.

♫ Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt. If you ask me, don't know where to start ♫

"Look, she's gotta take this!" Newt demanded as he now held the necklace out towards Thomas. "Newt we gotta get you up, now." I stated, "No, just take it!" Newt snapped at me and Thomas. He turned to Thomas "Please. Please, Tommy. Please." Newt begged Thomas to receive it for me as he held it out again. "All right," Thomas said receiving it and handing it to me as I tied it back up and put it around my neck. "All right. I need you to give us everything you got. You and us, right now. Let's go. You ready?" Thomas said as Newt nodded at us and we picked him up, "Here we go. One, two, three." I counted down as we all grunted and picked him up. We walked through the burning city trying to get closer to where we agreed on wishing time would be in our favor.

♫ Anger, love, confusion Roads that go nowhere I know there's somewhere better Cause you always take me there ♫

~

We made it out through broken doors all of us grunting especially Newt. I could feel the cuts that had formed on my body burn and sting but all I could focus on was saving Newt. I was determined to save him. "Come on. Come on." Thomas grunted as we felt Newts legs start giving out. Thomas and I put all of our strength into carrying Newt as he was losing lower body strength. "We're almost there, Newt." I breathed as I felt his arm slipping off my shoulder. "Stay with me, come on," Thomas said struggling. Suddenly we felt Newt's body slip and he fell on the floor. "Newt! Newt, no, no." I exclaimed as I got on the floor and heard him have trouble breathing. "Newt, come on." Thomas breathed as he kneeled beside me.

♫ Came to you with a broken faith Gave me more than a hand to hold Caught before I hit the ground ♫

I held onto Newt's jacket as tears formed in my eyes and shook his body trying to get him to stand up. We tried dragging him but it was no use his body was going limp. "Thomas? Y/n? Can you hear me? I need you to listen to me." I heard Teresa's voice through the PA system I glanced at Thomas in confusion as he stood up. "I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back." We heard her voice plead as she paused for a moment. I was still trying to get Newt up. "Y/n, you can save Newt. There's still time for him." I heard Teresa breathe as I stood up and walked over beside Thomas. "What the hell is she talking about?" I mumbled to myself as Thomas looked back at Newt.

♫ Tell me I'm safe, you've got me now ♫

"There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore. It's your blood. It works faster than Thomas's. Do you understand?" Teresa stated as I stood there in shock taking everything in, she was right Thomas and I are the reasons Brenda was cured so quickly. "She isn't sick, because you cured her. She doesn't have to be the only one. All you have to do is come back. And this will all finally be over." Teresa sighed as I looked at Thomas. "Thomas, I think she's talking the truth, Brenda's proof," I mumbled as Thomas looked at the building in front of him. "Please. Just come back to me. I know you'll do the right..." was all we heard from Teresa before she cut out.