Ch. 29 •Her Hazel Eyes•

A/n: I never gave Y/n's parents' names because it wasn't too important but your mom is going to be mentioned so her name was Ayala! Dad's name won't be mentioned.

Y/n's POV:

I ran as fast as I could in pain trying to make it to Thomas in time. I ran through the burning city dead bodies all over the place but people kept on fighting WCKD. After what felt like hours I got to the WICKED building. I saw Thomas standing there pointing his gun at Ava Paige. "Is it true? Newt. Could I have saved him?" I heard Thomas's saddened voice. "Thomas, we have to go now! Newts okay, he's going to be okay he's being taken care of." I stated as I ran over beside him to his left. He glanced at me and gave me a short nod but kept his gun pointed at Ava with tears in his eyes. "You can save us all." Ava said softly as she looked at me and Thomas. "We're tired of fighting...We just want to live." I mumbled with a tear rolling down my cheek, feeling exhausted about what this has all come down to. "Ayala would be proud, you have her hazel eyes," Ava said softly.

Minho has Dad's eyes while I got Mom's eyes

Minho has Dad's eyes while I got Mom's eyes. I never really took my eyes into much consideration. Hazel eyes with golden flecks. Dad always told me the only difference between our eyes was, "your mother's eyes have always been warm and soft, yours are different they give off different emotions, fierce, vivid." I could hear his voice in my head. I came back to reality and looked up into her cold blue eyes in confusion, "how- you knew her?" I asked. "Long before any of this, she was my friend, a very smart woman. It all ended when she refused to join me, I became chancellor of wicked." She said sadly looking at me sympathetically. I looked at Thomas not knowing what to say back as I got memories back from my parents and another tear rolled down my eye, "she never mentioned you."

I mumbled as she nodded, "It's okay." Thomas and I agreed to stay with Ava so that she could get the cure and we could 'save the world' Thomas tossed his gun to his right and let out a small sob putting his head down as Ava came closer to us. "Just leave the others alone." Thomas whispered. "I promise." Ava said sincerely, "I will..." "Ava watch out!" I yelled as I was about to push her to the side, but I was too late. A loud shot rang through the building, as I closed my eyes and covered my ears. I opened my eyes to see dark red blood expanding on Avas' shirt, as she slowly fell to the ground and I slightly caught her not letting her fall too hard, no heartbeat, she was dead. I stood back up and looked at Thomas then Janson standing in front of us aiming his gun at Thomas.

I pulled on Thomas's arm slightly backing up as Janson got closer still pointing his gun at Thomas. I saw Janson quickly raise his hand with something in it, "Thomas!" I exclaimed pushing Thomas behind me. I felt a sharp sting in my neck, I looked at Janson an evil grin on his face, I put a hand up to my neck and pulled on it, I looked down in my hand to see a tranquilizer.

"Always protecting others but never yourself."

Rat man said shaking his head. I started feeling my eyelids get heavy and my legs give out as I stumbled back into Thomas, "Y/n?" He stumbled back catching me in his arms as I felt the cold floor against my back. I look up at Thomas holding me, a tear rolled down his cheek, "run." I managed to whisper fighting to keep my eyes open as I fell into the darkness. "Oh, Thomas. You should have run." Was the last thing I heard before completely passing out.