Part 9

Harry came to serve the detention he had earn from Snape for behaving rudely in his class.

"Yes."
"Yes, sir."
"There's no need to call me sir, professor."
And then, detention.

After serving his first day in detention, Harry promised himself that he would finish the rest of the task next time when he came. He didn't want to waste another day in that bat's chamber. So, when he came today, he wrote speedily and worked without taking time for breath. At last, when he finished, his writing hand was aching like someone had broke his finger bones, his head was throbbing and his ears were fuzzing.

Harry sighed deeply. At least it's over,
he thought.

"I'm finished." Harry declared.
Snape looked up from his note. "Well," he said lazily, "It looks like you took less time than usual." he said.

I've achieved the impossible. I wrote quadruple times faster than average human being. And you call me I took just less time?

But Harry didn't let Snape know what he was thinking. He couldn't risk another detention.

"You've learned your lesson, I hope." Snape said. "You may exit my office now."

And before Snape could change his mind, Harry slung his backpack over his shoulder and hurried towards the door.

Snape furrowed his brow and rolled his eyes in annoyance. The boy resembled James so much that sometimes he felt as if it was James who was standing before him,who would pull out his wand any moment to bully him.

Harry crashed (again?) with somebody.

"Harry, are you blind or what?" she yelled. "Why do you keep crashing with me?"

"Trust me, I would rather tell the world Severus Snape is my favorite teacher than willingly get crashed with you."

"But Severus Snape is your favorite teacher!" she cooed.

"What?" Harry contorted his face in disgust.

"Assuming how much time you spend in his detention, I wouldn't say I don't suspect you willingly earning it from him so you can spend more time with him."

Harry stared at her, trying to figure out what she was talking about.

"Are you nuts?" he said finally. "Or did a bludger hit you in the head?" he asked, incredulous. "Oh sorry, that reference was wrong. You probably don't know what a bludger is, do you?"

"A bludger is a big ball that tries to hit you in the ass while you try to catch it's daughter, the golden snitch." she stated.

Harry didn't know what was wrong with Pansy Parkinson. Her behavior seemed, off, somehow.

"Are you purposely trying to distract me while Draco is doing something he shouldn't do?" he asked.

"Always thinking about Draco, are you?" she smirked.

"That's not what I meant!" Harry protested. "He's upto something and I know it. Whatever you or he is trying to do, remember it won't be successful. I will figure out what's going on, and then I'll tell Dumbledore about it." he said sternly. "I promise."

"Don't forget to add me on the list."

"What?"

"Don't forget to add me on the list of the people you'd reveal the news to. Let's see." She started counting with her fingers. "Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, your girlfriend-" she gasped. "Oh sorry, that reference was wrong. You probably don't know what the word 'girlfriend' means, do you?"