Chapter 11

SAM'S POV

~~~~

I'm glad Dean and Emily are talking now, and I'm glad that Dean got rid of the nest in town, but that means we'll be leaving. Dean is going to ask her to come with, I know it. It's not safe for her. She doesn't know how to defend herself.

I'm nervous that Dean is going to shut her out. He cares about her, but he might think it's best to let her go because he doesn't want to hurt her. But she's better for him. She makes him a better person. I somewhat wish I would have gotten to her first, but Dean needs someone like her.

"Hey, Em..." I get her attention.

"Yea?" she replies, confused.

"Dean and I need to talk to you about something."

"Okay." She sits down and Dean sits beside her on the bed.

"Now that we got rid of the vamps, we don't really have a reason for staying here."

"We were wondering... if you wanted to come with us. We could teach you how to hunt, everything like that." Dean says.

"Oh..." She waits.

"We understand if you-" I say, but she interrupts.

"No... I would love to come."

"Really?" I say, almost excited.

"Yea!"

"Alright!" Dean says. "Pack up your stuff, we're hitting the road."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EM'S POV
~~~~
We've been driving for about a week, we don't have a case yet, so we just go in search of one. After we left, Dean stopped talking to me. I don't know what happened. I kissed him and we were fine and he asked me to come with them. I said yes of course, I mean when he asked me I was a little scared, but he promised to protect me and that he wouldn't let anything happen to me ever again.

I feel like he has been pushing me away. I don't know what I did wrong. He was fine with me up until now. I've tried to talk to him, but he just shuts me out. He'll give me some crappy and unthoughtful answer. He puts forth no effort what so ever, and it's pissing me off.

We've been mostly driving. Every once in a while, Dean would park the car in the middle of a field during the night for us to get some rest. He says he doesn't want to stay in a motel if we don't have a case, but I think it's because the Impala is home to him. They've moved around their entire life and the Impala is the only thing besides Sam that has stuck with him.

It's the middle of the night right now, probaly about 2 am. Sam is sleeping in the passenger seat and Dean is no where to be found. I get out of the car and take a walk, alone. I start heading towards the woods. I hear a rustling coming from the edge. I move towards the sound. There's a man standing there, and he hasnt noticed me yet.

"Hello?" I ask. The man quickly moves behind the tree. "Who are you?"

"Em..." I recognize the rough, low voice instantly.

"Dean! what are you doing out here?"

He gives me a strange look after coming out of the tree line.

"Oh..." I immediately know what he was doing. I guess you could say he was relieving himself. "I'll go back to the car."

"No, it's fine."

"Dean, stop."

"Stop what?"

"Just... I'm just so confused." I rant. "We kiss, and I don't know if I was misreading the situation, but it seemed like you enjoyed it. And then the next thing I know, after you invite me to come with you... I'm shut out. You havent said more than five words in a row to me since last week."