Chapter 11: New Family

Callen's POV

We just got home from the dance competition and Lilly is officially our daughter. We're very new with this whole parenting thing but with Lilly being 10 she can do quite a bit on her own. Also Stacey said that Lilly has been homeschooled most of her life so for now we'll keep her in homeschooling. The bullpen is a nice place to do school so when she's not dancing, so she can come to work with us and do school there.

Anna: We just got called into work but I can take Lilly shopping to get stuff for her room if you're ok with going into work. I just don't want her to get involved with our work right now since she just moved in. But I'll bring my gun and badge with me just in case something happens.

"Good idea. But what am I supposed to tell Hetty?" I asked.

Anna: She probably knows but you can tell her, just don't tell the team yet.

"Got it". I said to Anna. "You two have fun" I said to Anna and Lilly giving both of them a kiss.

In the car

Lilly's POV

"Hey mom, what's dad doing?" I asked confused.

Anna: Did you say....... mom and dad???

"Yeah, why, do you not want me to call you that?

Anna: You're fine, I just didn't think you would be calling us that this soon. Like you just came home with us today.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked.

Anna: Sure, what is it?

"As soon as I met you and Callen, I knew that I wanted you to be my mom and Callen to be my dad." I said.

Anna: Aww, I'm so glad you're happy with us.

I smiled and looked out the window. We arrived at a home decor store and started shopping for my room. Once we were finished shopping we headed home and started decorating and putting things together.

Lilly's Room

Anna: How do you like your room Lilly?

"I love it, I can't wait to show dad." I said.

Anna's POV

Lilly and I finished her room and I decided to call Callen to see how work was going while Lilly was watching tv.

Conversation with Callen:

"Hey Callen how's work going?" I asked.

Callen: Its getting rough, but we're hanging in there. How are you and Lilly doing?

"We're good, we finished her room and she loves it. She also *slight pause* called us mom and dad for the first time." I said. 

Callen: Really, this soon?

"I guess so. She also said she knew she wanted us to be her parents the first day she met us."

Callen: That's great! When do you think the team should find out about her?

"I don't know, I don't want to put to much pressure on her and I don't want it to affect her dancing.

Callen: I talked to Hetty and she said that you can miss work today but you have to come tomorrow.

"Ok, I'm probably just going to take Lilly to dance and then come into work." I said, as Lilly came into the room. "We'll see you tonight".

End of conversation

Lilly: Who was that?

"It was just Dad." I said.

Lilly: What were you two talking about? 

" Just what we're doing for tomorrow." I said.

Lilly: What are we doing tomorrow?

"I'm going to take you to dance class and then I'm going to work with dad."

Lilly: Ms. Abby said that I can take the week off to spend time with you, so can I come to work with you tomorrow?

"Let me talk to your dad and you may need to spend part of the day with our boss Hetty."

"What do you and dad do for work?" Lilly asked. The question I really didn't want to discuss right now with her having such a good day. "We'll talk about it later" I said.

Later that night:
Callen's POV

I just got home from work and I saw Anna in the kitchen making dinner.

"Where's Lilly?" I asked.

Anna: She's in her room. And I also wanted to talk to you about something.

"Sure, what's up?"

Anna: Lilly wants to come to work with us tomorrow and I didn't know if you thought she's ready .

"Sure, let her come. And if she still wants to go to competition next weekend she can see if she can do a zoom call and learn her dances and then go in the last day to practice with the group." I said.

Anna: Ok, do you want to tell her?

"Yeah." I said as I went to Lilly's room to tell her.

I walked to Lilly's room and knocked on the door.

"Hey Lilly, it's dad. Can I come in?"

Lilly: Yeah.

Callen goes in and sits on Lilly's bed

"I was talking with your mom and she said you wanted to come to work with us."

Lilly: Yeah, can I?

"Yes. I just have to tell you what we do and what you could do while you're there."

Lilly: Ok.

"Your mom and I are NCIS agents and we do risky things almost every day." I said. "Whenever you come to work with us you'll have to stay there, and I thought if you also still wanted to compete this weekend, then you could do some zoom calls and learn your dances and then go to the studio on the last day to practice with the group."

Lilly: I like the idea but what does NCIS mean?

"NCIS stands for 'Navel Criminal Investigative Services'." I said "and the reason we want you to stay in the building is because we don't want anything to happen to you."

"Ok" Lilly said, as she gave me a hug.

End of conversation

We then got ready for dinner and then went to bed. Tomorrow Lilly is going to meet the team.