Chapter 9: New Plan

Anna's POV

A week later:

It's been a week since I got kidnapped and lost our baby. I still have nightmares about that day but Callen has always been there for me. I decided to talk to him about maybe adopting and see what he thought.

"Hey Callen." I said. "Can we talk?"

Callen: Sure, what's up?

"I was wondering if you would be interested in adopting?" I asked. 

Callen: If that's what you want to do I'm fine with that. There are tons of kids who need homes and a loving family.

"Yeah. But I don't want the team to know anything until we decide on what kid we're going to adopt and and wait until we bring them home."

Callen: Ok, do you want to start looking at kids who need homes?

"Yeah, I'll go get my computer and we can start looking." I said as I went to the bedroom to get it.

I came back with the computer and we started looking at foster homes and saw so many kids who needed a home. There were kids ages 1-15 on this one website and this one kid really stuck out to me. She had blond hair like me and it said that she's a dancer.

Callen: They have an address for this foster home. Do you want to go and visit with a few of the kids?

"Let's go." I said as I jumped up.

Callen's POV

At the foster home

We walked up to the front desk and talked to the receptionist about visiting with the kids and that we're thinking about adopting. The receptionist's name was Stacy and she showed us around. I then saw a little girl dancing in a room.

"Who's that little girl in the room by herself dancing?" I asked

Stacy: Her name is Lilliana Ketchman but everyone calls her Lilly. She dances for Abby Lee Miller at the ALDC. You can meet her if you want to.

Anna: That's the same girl I was looking at on your website.

"Do you want to meet her?" I asked Anna.

Anna: Yeah, and how old is she?

"She's 10 years old." Stacy said, as we walked into the room where Lilly was in.

Stacy: Hey Lilly, this is Anna and Callen.

Lilly: Hi.

Anna: Hey Lilly, how are you?

Lilly: I'm good. How are you?

Anna: I'm good. This is my fiancé Callen.

Lilly: Hey Callen.

"Hey Lilly. Those were some really good dance moves."

Lilly: Thanks, I've been dancing since I was 2 years old.

Anna: That's impressive. What kind of dance do you do?

Lilly: Thanks, and I do all types of dance.

Stacy: Lilly has a dance competition this weekend if you want to come.

Anna: That sounds great.

"Yeah, we'll have to talk to our boss to see if that's ok with her."

Stacy: I'll give you the address so you'll know where to go. The competition is in Los Angeles California this weekend but they also sometimes travel.

Lilly: I'm going to go practice so I don't get yelled at by Ms. Abby, hope to see you two this weekend.

Anna: Bye Lilly, have fun.

"Bye Lilly, good luck at the competition."

And with that we left. The next day at work we talked to Hetty about what we wanted to do.

At work

Anna's POV

We arrived at work the next day and Callen and I are going to ask Hetty if we can go to Lilly's dance competition.

"Hi Hetty. We have a question to ask you." I said as we walked up to her desk and took a seat.

Hetty: I think I already know what you're going to say

Hetty: I think I already know what you're going to say. You two have to be somewhere this weekend, and my answer is yes, you two can have the day off.

"Thank you Hetty." Callen and I said as we left her office."

It was a calm day of work today and it was just paperwork. Soon it was time to leave for the night and the rest of the team had plans over the weekend. Kensi and Deeks are going surfing, Sam is spending time with his family, and Nell and Eric, I don't exactly know what they're doing but they have something planned.

We all said our goodbyes for the night and went home.