Chapter 25

Since it was Saturday night, of course, the bar was crowded with a horde of sweaty and half-naked naked male bodies. If it was a normal bar, no grandmother could complain because she would have something to choose from. And literally. Wherever my eye fell, everywhere I saw bricks on my chest, low-lying jeans on my hips, a fine hair path leading to them, and finally perfect buttocks. Fortunately, no one paid much attention to the two of us. Simply put, our female bodies did not attract them. We were not their types.

We were sitting with Alex and another tattooed guy at the table, who, like me, drank his grief. His lover suddenly realized that he was still on babies. Just like that, boom bác. I wanted to laugh at it, but the memory of Nicholas's burning body somehow froze my smile. Maybe it was total nonsense to come straight to the left pit, where slowly every guy reminded me of Nicholas in some way.

And so we sang our problems together. When we finished one bottle, we opened another. Every time I got up from the table to bounce to the toilet, I slowly began to realize that my legs were getting heavier and heavier. But I didn't want to admit that I blushed like a Dalmatian cap. I knew I probably wouldn't get out of bed tomorrow morning, but for now I didn't care.

As alcohol flowed down my throat, all the accumulated emotions erupted from inside me. With a full glass, I was better told about the doubts and uncertainties that have accompanied me in recent months.

It was almost midnight, but I didn't want to go back to my quiet apartment at all. I suspected that I would only be worried all night again and definitely cried again, so I preferred to enjoy the classic rock he played here and ignored all the efforts of Alex, who tried to get me home.

So I wasn't surprised when she suddenly took a cell phone out of her purse and tried to call someone to help her with me. It made me a little upset and angry because I didn't want to meet anyone. I wasn't thrilled three times, but I didn't have the strength to reach for the cell phone with her.

"Sleeping?" Alexa spoke into the phone. "I could get your help. We're at the bar and Paige is totally on the pier. I won't get her out of here myself. Please!"

I grimaced because I didn't see it so tragically. Alexa was just exaggerating again. I was still able to sit with my head held high, and I still thought so.

"No, we're at the Friends Bar," she chuckled. "Thanks. You got it with me."

He really will come.

"I'll kill ... you ... if ... you ... called ... Nicholas," the words barely came out of my throat as my tongue fluttered and I had a slight difficulty articulating. "I'm not going anywhere with him. . " I looked at her ugly.

She rolled her eyes. "I swear not. I really don't want to go cold. "

"Fine," it calmed me a little. I'll see the David see me in this state.

By the time our ride arrived, I was trying to slow down. Alexa fidgeted slightly, which I suspected, but I trusted her. We've known each other for a week now, so I knew she would go to Nick like a rabid tiger.

The fact that Erick and Raegan showed up at the door got me. I already understood her nervousness, and now I didn't know whether to kill her or slap her. But today she was lucky from hell, because I had trouble maintaining stability on my wobbly legs, let alone engage in a fist fight with her.

"Didn't you really want to call someone else?" I looked angrily at Alex.

"You probably wouldn't want Nick here either," she looked back carefully.

"Why didn't you call Max? He would definitely come for us. "

"Probably because he's standing behind us at the bar. So don't complain, "she said, helping me up from my chair.