Chapter 18

We sat in Nick's large office and discussed various ideas for shooting an energy drink commercial that was supposed to be associated with the winter season. David had everything under his thumb and knew from the sleeve all the dates and times when it would be best to shoot any version of the many ideas that came up here, and I had to admit that a lot of them fell here.

My task in their fight was to write the related financial burden and also to mark what each version will require materially. After an endless debate, they finally agreed on a winning version. It was going to be filmed at the ski resort, so only one dilemma remained to be solved. Find a suitable center that would meet not only the demanding requirements of the customer, but especially the needs of technical security. Nicholas designed the Highlands in Aspen and David told the Telluride Center in Colorado.

"God, I guess that would be enough for today. We'll work it out tomorrow, "David said, a little tired, gathering his scattered papers from the table in one pile.

"All right. Even so, we don't have a deadline to submit a preliminary proposal until next week, "Nick said.

"Let's go to the movies," David shouted out of nowhere. "I need to relax and vent my head."

"I have already agreed with Alex. We're going to town for coffee together, "I warned them.

"Take her too. I almost promised her the cinema, "he couldn't be beaten and his eyes shone with anticipation.

"What is 'almost promised'?" Nicholas asked curiously.

"Last time she almost beat up a promise to go to the movies, but I managed to run away from her," David grinned. "So he almost promised."

"All right, let's go," I resigned.

"Don't you want to ask her first? What if he doesn't want to go? "Nick looked at me anxiously.

I laughed because I could already vividly imagine her jumping and running around the apartment for the joy of seeing David again. "I'm 100 percent sure she won't mind."

Nicholas looked at me with a raised eyebrow as David tried to suppress a smile. But for Nick's room, I pulled a cell phone out of my purse and dialed her number. She picked it up right after the second ring.

"Just don't tell me you're canceling our meeting," she said sharply.

"No, but the guys suggested we go to the movies."

"Is the man coming, too?" Hidden joy echoed in her voice.

"Actually, he suggested it all," I replied, looking at David, who was already crawling from ear to ear.

"Where and when?" She wasted no time.

"Where and when?" I repeated her question aloud.

"Showplace?" Nick suggested. "It's closer to you."

David looked at his watch. "In two hours?"

"Showplace in two hours," I repeated into my cell phone.

"I heard you. I will be there."

"See you then, bye," I folded my cell phone and tossed it back into my purse.

When we later arrived in front of the cinema, Alexa was already waiting for us at the entrance. Her good mood and the joy of seeing us could not be overlooked. She was wearing light blue jeans and a light pink V-neck sweater that revealed her full shapes. I knew why you dressed him, but I'd rather keep that note to myself. She wore high-heeled sandals and was not very different from the world-famous models in its overall appearance.