Chapter 14 To Chase the Lightening Rider's

The Blackthorne team made good time from the safe house to the Highway Patrol office which was only a twenty minute drive away. Donovan and the rest of the team piled into a nondescript panel truck that was kept at the safe house site with a lot of useful stores there within. At a casual far off inspection from anyone the truck looked too be official in nature which they planned on using to the team's advantage too move in quickly and disappear with the chopper. Donovan made sure Bryan Holt was stable and that those at the safe house would make sure he got safe transport back too Blackthorne Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. In a team meeting in the back of the truck the plan they came up with as they made for the police station stood as followed. Sam Tyler, Luther Tonaka and Kiran Lively were too go into the precinct with reputable premade credentials of a trio of official Homeland Security agent's. In today's age of news report laden with terror feared stories every five minutes. In the present climate Homeland Security trumped any law enforcement agency operating on United States soil. So they had no problem pushing local law enforcement around which made it easy for them too move about the country with impunity protecting the far right or stupid left majority of people of this wonderful nation. The left and right hands were totally interchangeable depending with state or branch of federal government you were walking into or away from. Jim had to snort when he thought of what he has seen through his rather long life that the government of these United States got away with in this time line compared too his. Jim Donovan wasn't a fool he knew politics had bad eggs in among the many chains of government but in this age they seemed too be running around by the dozen's making life totally difficult for the few good politician's if you could really use that particular word without bursting out laughing. The thought of a good politician was a oxymoron but there were a few. Jim Donovan had met a few people in the government that tried very hard too do good for the people they served but they quickly found the system was totally stacked against them. Jim Donovan felt pretty sure that if any one of them in any of the numerous government agencies had any truthful idea what else there was walking around out there in the big bad open world they would go crazy trying too find new ways too get taxes from them as well. Jim was certain that they would find some way too come up with a monster tax too use to their favor then pack up their collective belongings beating feet to move too any monster free countryside they could find. Jim smiled as he also knew that most anywhere on the planet there was something strange lurking in the darkness and sometimes the daylight too boot. Anyway using Homeland Security as their cover story was their best option. Even if anyone had the idea too dig further into the background of these three agents standing in the foray at the Highway patrol station they would find themselves rerouted at Evie's swift handed command too be informed by her that the trio of pretend Homeland Security agents were quite legit. The lovely Kiran Lively was their pilot and they needed the helicopter to be placed at their disposal as they prepared too track a group of domestic terrorist they had found camped out close by. Hannibal had not been too please at their impromptu meeting to be excluded from piloting up front but Kiran informed her little Russian patting Hannibal gently on the shoulder. "Such a strong viral man like you would make all them average go lucky weaklings feel jealous in your very commanding presents." Kiran spoke too Hannibal in a sultry silky British voice. "Course being the size of most of the Rocky Mountains as well as having a thick Russian accent might tip off the copper's as well" Luther Tonaka laughed as he added his two cents worth in receiving a deep glare from Hannibal and a punch in the shoulder by Kiran. "Alright, Children" Jim ordered semi sharply waving for Sam, Luther and Kiran too ease out of the truck and make their way inside as the rest of them waited in the parking lot.

Sam Tyler was the first too step out of the trucks backdoors leading the way with Luther and Kiran stayed back a step or two showing everyone who were inside checking them out on the close circuit monitors the moment they stepped into the Lobby of the station that Sam was the agent in charge. A Sergeant who looked like he had just walked off a recruitment poster stood behind the narrow bullet proof window which covered the massive front desk. He pretended too be looked up from reading something in front of him. He gave the three a hard look trying too asset who these three were. "How may I help you?" he asked his voice sounding a bit mechanized coming out of a speaker even before Sam made it all the way up too the front of his desk. Sam whipped out her badge from an inside pocket of her tailored business suit she barrowed from the safe house supplies . Sam flipped out her ID flashing it to the Sergeant.