Chapter 15 All Hands Inside Till The Ride Comes Too A Complete Stop.

Jim Donovan turned on his heels looking back towards the rest of the crew in the cargo area. He had too grab hold of the nearest strut as the floor pitched back and forth too keep from being tossed to the floor like a ragdoll. When Jim was finally able too stay upright for more than a second he moved deeper into the cargo area. "I'm open too any and all suggestions." Jim called out too his team making his way over to the jump door on the left side of the chopper. In this model chopper there was a split door so the rescuer or observer could look directly out into the open air. "Come on people," Jim called out as he peered through the open door catching minute glances of the four silver spheres that followed the chopper doggedly. "Please don't be shy." Jim called out yet again a tad bit of stress in his voice over his shoulder too his crew. Tonaka was the first too raise from his seat holding up his archery bow in hand. "I could try too take them out with a bow strike. I have armor piercing as well as explosive arrow heads which should do the trick with little effort." Jim took in what Tonaka was saying assessing the situation which right at the moment was not looking good for the home team. Jim gritted his teeth as he watched these damnable sphere which were persistently gaining on them far faster than he would have liked. Kiran Lively's flying abilities were all that was keeping the team from meeting the here after sooner than anyone would have liked at least at the present.

Sam Tyler stepped up with Hannibal close behind her moving till they were next too Donovan and the left hand door. They both were still holding onto their perspective alien weaponry. "Hannibal and I could use these." they each held up their weapons in turn. "I believe we can take one or more of these spheres out if we work together." Sam threw in her idea as Tonaka moved in on Sam's right too join the group. Then out of the blue Melody Picard stepped up coming too a stop beside Tonaka. "Perhaps with Tonaka's bow and this rifle I found leaning beside the crate. We can all make an effort too take out these sphere's." Mel added as she looked over the level action rifle she held. Jim was surprised too see his Winchester model 1892 44-40 with the large finger loop in the cocking action in Mel's hands. Jim also took quick notice at how Mel's handled the weapon like it was an extension of her own self. Jim thought too himself that Mel was showing a little of her deadly Mossad training a bit unknowingly as she handled the lethal weapon. "We could work both sides of the chopper taking out any target as the opportunity prevails itself." Melody looked over towards Tonaka who nodded curtly in approval of Mel's plan. Jim liked how Melody Picard was gelling into their little group as of late but he knew that there was more too Mel than met the eye no matter how you looked at it in the moment. Jim looked around too each member of his team that was standing before him. He smiled then nodded feeling that they might just be able too pull this off. They have been in some really tough jams before but they gathered together kicking arse. "Sound's like we have a game plan too me. So lets kick some serious butt." Jim pulled back away from the left hand doorway making his way back forward towards Evie and Kiran Lively. Jim glanced back over his shoulder watching his team jump into action. Sam Tyler and Hannibal Sikes moved too the left hand door while Luther Tonaka and Melody Picard took up position at the right hand side chopper jump door. Sam took the left side of the door so she had a view of the sphere's which were still tailing ever so closer too the chopper. She quickly began too run through in her head the procedures on how she was going too hit her target. This alien Cyclone Cannon was totally different from anything Sam had come across in her time in the military. Sam did have some experience working with some developmental weaponry include two energy prototypes. She figured "What the Hell" she has weapons training with nuclear weaponry so alien weapons couldn't be all that hard. Hannibal on the right side of the door tried too get a glimpse of the sphere's from his position. He leaned back in then reached forward placing a hand on Sam's arm making her look up.

"I think you are the one too fire first with the Cyclone Hand Cannon. I am not secure with the effects my Void Gravity Rifle will have on Kiran Lively's flying abilities." Sam thought over what Hannibal was saying then nodded . " I can fire the cyclone weapon which should hold onto whatever I hit making it stationary for several seconds. Then you can fire the void Gravity Rifle which should hit my target at a safer distance far and away from the chopper." Sam explained her train of thought as she moved too Hannibal's position which would give her the first crack at any of the spheres as they presented themselves. Luther Tonaka and Melody Picard were just across the way at the opposite jump door. Luther watched Mel closely as she checked out the old antique Winchester quickly getting the feel for the weapon. Tonaka knew how much Jim worshipped that rifle as he has always seen Jim with that rifle close at hand. The Winchester rifle was the exact same model that the great western actor John Wayne used in all his movies. Jim loved too tell the story of the day he met Mister Wayne on set at one of his movie shoots. He said that "John Wayne was the most authentic Cowboy he had ever met." Mel worked the lever action of the rifle like a expert trick shooter ready too shoot the eyes out of a Queen of Hearts playing card. "Done much long range shooting lately." Tonaka wasn't asking he was stating the obvious from the way Mel handled the rifle. Mel threw Luther a devilish half smile at being caught off guard. "Won plenty of awards while I was away at summer camp." Mel replied as she leaned out trying too get her own view of the spheres. Luther ran through his head what he and Mel could accomplish with the weapon's they had too offer." Mel paused for a second looking at their own weapons which under normal circumstances were fine weapons but this situation and what was tailing them was far from anything normal. She was about too speak but paused again as Luther starting snickering about something. "What?" She asked. Luther sucked in a breath as he ravaged through his assortment of arrow heads. "You're trying too figure how the blazes we are suppose too stop an incoming energy round with a rifle and a bow and arrow." He stated hitting exactly square on the nail head what Mel was trying too workout. "Like you just said. Those balls looked too be made of pure energy. " Mel scratched gently at the side of her head as she tried in vain too solve the problem. Luther was smiling as a affixed a bulky looking arrow head too the bolt of an arrow. He balanced the shaft in his left hand which balanced perfect for the bulky head on the front.. he nodding too himself approvingly. "You will kick yourself cause you didn't think of it first when I layout what we need too do. 'Well enlightening me please before I kick you for being so long winded. Mel spoke through clenched teeth but after a second a smile formed on her lips. "I'll be the first too say I like you already.
Luther chuckled then nodded. He held the arrow shaft tip up towards Mel. "The arrowhead had a quarter size square of Symtex in it's center. I plan on shooting first." Melody looked back at Luther a look of confusion on her face. "The balls are made of energy." She stated the obvious. "There is nothing there too hit." Luther was nodding his head the entire time Mel voiced her opinion. observation. "Gold star for the newest member of our team." Luther then notched the arrowhead into his bow. "I plan too let loose with this arrow. Then lean back in to allow you too take Jim's Winchester and hit the explosive head thus with any luck the Symtex own energy will snuff out the pursuing energy ball. Mel stood there mulling over Luther's plan. "In case your wondering those energy balls are getting unnervingly closer with each passing second," Kiran called out in a huff as she put the chopper through more paces it was never designed for. "And yes Melody please for me kick that long winded Asian knobber in the bollocks and do whatever too blow those beastie balls too Hell please!" Luther never took his eyes off Mel tuning Kiran out completely. "Do you think you can hit it?" He asked her.1, Melody raised up the Winchester spinning it in the air one handed cocking a round in the chamber when the business end of the rifle came back around towards the front. "Let's blow us up some alien energy balls." Mel exclaimed pointing towards the side for Luther too take up position and get too shoting. "I think I'm falling in Love!" Luther replied with a coy smile on his face. "Shoot something already!" Everyone else on the chopper yelled out in unison.
"We'll hold our mark." Luther said loud enough so that Sam and Hannibal could hear him notching a bolt into his bow. "When the target appears on either side we'll acquire the target set and ride the curl." Luther finished with a broad smile on his face. "Whatever the Hell you are going too do," everyone heard Kiran Lively's voice over the open com link from her position in the pilot seat. "Get the bloody Hell too it. These blasted spheres are going too ride up our collective arse or this chopper is going too fly apart way too soon for my liking."