Chapter 4 Standing On The Edge

The executive office was decked out in mostly chrome and glass. Liz Webber walked through the outer reception office like she own it. She was the top executive in charge of investments one of the youngest in the company's history. Liz was also very beautiful which lead too all the rumors of her sleeping her way too the top. She certainly had the body for it. If she ever chose too Liz could bring a sexual harassment suit against the company most likely owning it at the very end. But she had no intention of doing any such thing least ways not right at the moment. Liz preferred too keep her sex life private and especially as far away from work as was totally possible. She had no intention in giving any of her blood sucking rivals any ammunition too use against her in any way shape or form.

"Good Morning Miss Webber." a bubbly voice commented from behind a desk breaking into Liz concentration. "Amber, Good Morning to you too." Amber was the personal secretary too  the boss and C.E.O of Bishop International. The word around the water cooler was Amber was in fact sleeping her way too the top or more too the point sleeping with the top of the ladder skipping a number of the lower rung monkey's. Liz knew full well that Amber spent a lot of her time in the office on her knees. Liz was pretty sure that Amber spent most of her time on her back with the C.E.O on his private island in the Caribbean which he seemed too fly too at least two times a week. " Is he ready for me?" Liz asked pointing to the door leading into the C.E.O's office. "I have some important information on some investment capitals I need too inform him about." there was plenty more Liz needed too tell him but Amber didn't have the needed clearance too hear anything about it. Amber ran her fingers over her computer keyboard her lips moving as she read what appeared on the screen. She nodded never taking her eyes off the computer screen. "He'll see you right now. But he is on a conference call with Africa so you may take a seat inside. " Amber's right hand punched a button under the edge of her desk. There was a buzzing sound from the door which told Liz that she could go on in and did so.

The C.E.O.'s office was much like the outer reception room all glass and chrome but the view was far better in here. They were on the top floor of the largest office building there in Charlotte North Carolina. The sprawling city stretched out into the distance green Forest area of the west. North Carolina was a beautiful state with a lot of major banking assets in the area. The rural country side was quite beautiful especially during the fall months of the year. Liz Webber really loved the mountains in the area there in the Carolina's. Her lover Kaye loved the mountains as well and they both made the special trip whenever the both of them had the free time. Kaye ran a upscale restaurant in down town Raleigh the capital of the state.  Liz preferred that no one there at Singer International knew that she was a lesbian. Liz had a pretend romance with a male staff worker in her office well at least the rumor too keep those that paid attention off her private life. Kaye was a blonde with a rather nice figure and wonderfully deep warm blue eyes.They were great partner's and Liz's was beginning too develope serious feeling for Kaye.  Liz Webber was a striking brunette that made plenty of men as well as a few women's tongue wag.  But her personal life was exactly that personal and personal things could be used against her if she let them. Liz planned on meeting Kaye at a cabin in  Asheville in several hours for a long weekend. But this trouble brewing from their African project may cause Liz too be late getting up there anytime soon. A well built gentleman stood with his back too Liz looking out across the panoramic view out the window. He stood about six foot one with salt and pepper black hair styled into a tight military cut that Liz knew cost one hundred twenty bucks from his personal stylist.  His tailor business suit was crisp and completely spotless. A Bluetooth ear piece sat in his right ear Liz could hear him talking too someone on the other end of the line. The conversation was not a good one as his voice was heated and chipped. "You promised me that the operation would go off with out a hitch." The C.E.O roared still facing the window his breath causing a small ring cloud on the tempered glass in front of him.  Liz knew without any doubt that she would not have been wanting too be the other person on the opposite side of that call. The C.E.O turned around then paused when he saw Liz standing there. He smiled then waved for Liz to take a seat at the front of his desk. Bishop Singer the C.E.O of Singer International wasn't hard on the eyes for anyone too look at. He took his seat in a ten thousand dollar executive chair before Singer continued his brow beating onto the person or persons on the other end of the line.