Chapter 18 One Curvy Rabbit Hole

There was only the sound of the suv running when the Crew flipped the switch on the remote. After about three good heart beats the rocky hillside too the right of the suv began too shake. Liz leaned in closer too get a better view through the windscreen. Her eyes widen a fraction as she was little rivers of dust and soil begin too shift and move down the rocky hillside. As she continued too watch Liz could see the shrubbery begin too shake if only ever so little. The rocky face itself appeared too push out alarmly close too the suv for about eight full feet then slowly began to move too the right at a slow steady pace. A dark opening appearing on the left hand side widening an inch at a time as a portion of the rock face slowlyinched its way. Liz had too grip the back of the seat as Crew Meyers shifted the suv into drive when the opening seemed barely wide enough for the huge Black vehicle too pass through without scraping either side as it passed through. The headlights of the suv as they moved through the narrow opening it showed that they were passing into an enormous man made tunnel. Liz looked back over her shoulder too see the doorway they had just past through was now closing far quicker than it had opened behind them. When the doorway was fully sealed a row of track lighting light up in the ceiling of the tunnel blinding Liz for several seconds. Singer nor Meyers even flinched at the sudden brightness after having made this trip before numerous times. Liz turned back around could now see through the rear window that the rock face she had seen early was actually in reality man made out of concrete and steel girders. "I'm told," Bishop spoke up out of the blue reading the unanswered question rattling in her head. "Short of a direct hit from a cruise missile the doorway is unpenetrable." He answered Liz's unasked query which was really unnerving too Liz. She turned back forward looking through the windshield too see that the tunnel was large enough too allow two semi trucks too pass each other side by side. They drove through the tunnel for about three full minutes before Liz could see yet another open doorway up ahead. She tried too figure the distance from the doorway they entered through too the doorway in front of them now. They were almost a full mile underground which tended too ping Liz's wonder at exactly what they really were researching down here in this secret complex so far underground. The suv broke through the doorway which expanded into an even larger receiving area. The large open area looked big enough that it could handle up to at least four semi's which could park side by side loading or off loading damn near anything. As of the moment the only thing occupying the receiving area was a small group of eight people all decked out in white lab coats. The group of lab coats stood in a huddle off too the left of the receiving area not too far away from a string of glass doorways that looked to lead too several offices. Two larger steel plated door were to the left and right of these offices. Liz could see too the opposite side wall was an even larger vault door that looked like a train could drive through with clearances too spare. Crew Meyers eased the black suv about twenty paces away from the group of white lab coats who looked up as one at the suv still huddled together as they each complained too the others saying this impromptu meeting was delaying their subjects in several of their very own projects. One male and one female broke away from the group slowly making their way over close too where Crew pulled the suv too a stop then placed it in park. In the matter of seconds Crew was out of the driver seats making his way swiftly too the driver side passenger door opening it with a flourish. Bishop Singer held up a hand too Liz. "You better let me go first." He explained rolling his hips too make his way to the waiting Meyers." These two scientists will want too bitch about my unannounced visit. So I'll smooth things over really quick then introduce you too them all straight away." Singer stepped out of the open door taking wide paces away from the vehicle. As Singer walked over too what Liz assumed were the lead scientists for this facility who were fidgeting impatiently. He walked leaning a quarter way forward bentz at the waist too smoothed out every wrinkle that he found. The male and female lab coated pair moved around the suv making their way over too where Singer stood still smoothing out his two thousand dollar suit. Crew Meyers stepped forward placing himself between the lab coat pair and their boss man like the well trained bodyguard he was. The male of the pair of lab coats started too step forward beginning too speak too Singer directly but Crew threw up a halting hand telling the male in the lab coat that he had gone about as far as Crew was going too allow. Before the male lab coat could utter a word Bishop Singer suddenly straighten up then threw up a silencing index finger halting the male scientist from uttering a single syllable.
"Before you bore me too death with your blather about the utter inconvenience of this visit I will tell you two things." Singer explained too the scientist loud enough so everyone else within ear shot could hear what was being said. "Item number one." He held up his index finger on his right hand. "I bring with me a new important person who as of right now is the new head Chief Operating Officer for all of Singer International projects both domestic and aboard. That includes any and all secret projects which means too you and your nerdy little group this person will be the financial officer who doles out Singer funding for all projects." Bishop paused a beat too intake a breath then held up his middle finger. "You and your lot had better remember," He lowered his index finger leaving his middle finger raised at the scientist. "I'm the man who signs the checks for all of you too do your nerdy secret fucking research. So my advice too you is too choose your opening intro very carefully. This new C.E.O can replace everyone here in a snap." Singer snapped his thumb and middle finger with a resounding snap sounding very much like a gun shot going off. Bishop turned slowly back too the suv then reached inside with his right hand too help Liz Webber out of the passenger seat of the suv. She stepped gracefully out of the door with a guiding hand from Singer bring her too a stop at his right side. Bishop looked up too Crew waving a hand telling Crew that it was now OK too let the pair of lab coated personnel to come on up a little closer. Crew eyed then male scientist with a look that would have made a pit bull stop short. He jetked his head in Singer and Liz's direction indicating that the scientists were allowed too come a wee bit closet under his steely watchful gaze.