Chapter 21 Can Crap Roll Up Hill?

The convoy of four Hummer's and two semi's pulled over too the open area on the side of the highway only a few hours outside of some place call Maggie Valley North Carolina. The area they were now stopped in was dimly light looking too be a rest stop for both cars and trucks. Nariseer assumed with the next line of lights visible several miles further up the road that must be Maggie Valley. Riker had informed her that this so call Valley was a major tourist destination. The darkness they worked too get into would hide them from most bothersome satellites at least the majority without infrared scanning capabilities. But any traffic going by would simply see a large group pulled over on the side of the road at a rest stop. This place would cover them well from most prying eyes even those of local law enforcement. The main worry Nariseer had seen thus far would be a state highway patrolman but they weren't planning on staying long. Nariseer jumped out of the lead Hummer on the passenger side while Tarkin jumped out of the back passenger driver's side door. Tarkan moved swiftly as the ranks piled out of the Hummers too stretch their body's before they arrived too the operational jump point. As Tarkin moved among the soldier's he made sure that each member he passed were checking their armor as well as their weaponry. Tarkin was also as he moved about surreptitiously contacting those member's of the team that he knew were loyal without a doubt too him and too Nariseer. She glanced up and down the highway they were traveling on which was rather sparse at the moment for this time of night but Nariseer knew that they could not sit here long before drawing attention from unwanted attention from someone so she knew their time too talk was short.

Dulsllian stuck his bear size head out the passenger window of the second Hummer as Nariseer came within range. "What are we stopping for now!" he roared at Nariseer. "We are close too our mission jump. We do not have time too be pausing too look at the country side." Dulsllian sneered trying too be as painfully sarcastic as possible. Nariseer did not pay him the least bit of attention as she walked by like Dulsllian wasn't even there but did speak up when she was just walking out of ear shot of Dulsllian. "You'll know what's going on when the time is right." Nariseer explained using as much acid in her voice she could muster as she went by Dulsllian. "So since I am in charge of this operation I say sit still and be quiet." Dulsllian was about too say something when Nariseer stopped in her tracks looking back at Dulsllian with a look that could have frozen any beings blood instantly. She pulled her service laser up from her right hip for Dulsllian too get a good view of it in her right hand. When her eyes locked onto his Nariseer flipped a hidden button which allowed a rather wicked looking eight inch long energy form out from the underside of the laser barrel. Nariseer added insult too injury blowing Dulsllian a short quick kiss then turning around reholstering her weapon then continued too walk onward. Nariseer was pretty damn sure from the look in Dulsllian's eyes that he would have shot her on the spot if there wasn't so many soldiers standing out and about too witness it. Nariseer did not slow down a step making her way towards the lead semi that she knew Will Riker too be riding in. Dulsllian seethed with rage as he slowly slide back into the Hummer thinking about his next move. The High Command had placed Nariseer in charge of this particular mission which by all rights should have been Dulsllian's. There were a secret small cabal of member's on that same High Command who happened too be simpathic toward Dulsllian had secretly ordered him too keep a close eye on Nariseer as they truly believed that Nariseerhad other plans than those laid out by the Council of Generals. Dulsllian did feel a bit more easy that there were at least a small section of the Council in the High Command not too mention Dulsllian himself who wanted Nariseer too fall flat on her backside. Dulsllian was nowhere near pleased too find out over top of that the remaining member's on that Council would even consider for a moment too think of bringing Nariseer a mere female into their fold making her a member of the High Command. She did have a substantial history of campaign wins for the Pirdrani world. That alone would place Nariseer in a hierarchy that would be far above Dulsllian and he just could not simply stand for that in anyway possible if he had anything too say about it. Just the very thought enraged Dulsllian so much that he was ready too take drastic measures too make sure Nariseer failed miserably at her present mission. Dulsllian has had his own sites set on joining the High Command for a large portion of his time in the rank and file. So Dulsllian had no regrets about the thought of killing Nariseer when the time was right no matter what. On a large number of occasions Dulsllian had done exactly that plenty of times just too get too where he was at the past time. It was never uncommon for any member of his soldiers battalion too die a glorious death in battle with a knife in their backs or a blaster shot too the back of their head if in any possible way he deemed anyone a purposed threat too his ascension through the ranks in his assorted military career. His own former Commander happened too died in battle valiantly with his own sword protruding through his midriff and a blaster shot too the face luckily with Dulsllian standing by his side who quickly took command of his squad winning the campaign at the time. As fate would have it yet again for Dulsllian there did happen too be a rare handful of others in the High Command who had been watching Nariseer rise too power with a cautious eye trying too get any information on her end game. He was sure too the core of his being that Nariseer was working an angle that differed completely from what the those on the Council of Generals had sent her here too do. Dulsllian slowly pulled his head back into the Hummer seething at Nariseer's back as she walked further away towards the semi trucks at the rear of their little column. He turned slowly trying too reign in his anger then looked over too one of the his soldier's in the back seat of the Hummer behind him. That soldier was a loyal Pirdrani soldier Dulsllian had several dealings with in past operations where Dulsllian was the one in command of that particular operation. From Dulsllian's observant eye Narder always seemed too lean towards the commander where Narder thought would gain him the most advancements. Dulsllian was a little of himself in the young seasoned soldier which of course Dulsllian had too keep Narder on the list of accidental battle deaths in the coming future. "I want you too keep all eyes on our supposed commander." Dulsllian growled at Narder his eyes straining too see Nariseer through the rear window of the Hummer. "I want too know Nariseer whereabouts all the way till we are at the drop point of our present mission." Dulsllian was about too lean back in his seat too allow Narder too go do as he had just commanded. Dulsllian whirled back around halting Narder in his tracks. "I have one more task I would like you too do while you keep eyes on our exalted commander."