Chapter 3 Start of a New Day????

Samatha Tyler was pleasantly surprised after all the goings on when she had first awaken in the infirmary. She found out as her day progressed after that from several people on their coming and goings that Blackthorne Inc was taking care of everything. Sam had received plenty of specialist's who checked her from head too toe during her time in the hospital. After only a short few hours Sam had gained her strength back quickly out running the therapist's efforts by leaps and bounds. As her strength returned she had driven the physician insane till they finally signed off early on her release from the hospital. Sam had gladly received her papers as she left the hospital only half trying not too run out the door as she made her exit. Sam thought she would have felt more stung from being released from the Army so quickly but Major Reese from the J.A.G office appeared there at the door before she left the hospital assuring Sam that she was being honorably discharged and still would be receiving full benefits. Sam thanked the J.A.G officer for all he had done for her. She turned away making too leave and nearly ran head long into Jim Donovan standing in front of her in her path. "I have a feeling I might need too slap a bell on you so I can hear you coming." Sam advised straighten out her demeanor. This cowboy seemed too have a little native Indian in him seemingly too appear out of nowhere without making a sound. Donovan softly laugh. "My mother was one tenth Apache or at least that is what she always told me. He stepped back out of Sam's way allowing them both too make their collective way down the hallway side by side.  As they made their way Jim Donovan assured Sam as well that she was not going to have too worry about those benefits as Project Blackthorne would see to her every need.

Jim Donovan stayed close at hand as they entered the elevator alone. He pressed the lobby button riding down quietly. Sam wasn't suppose too have noticed but Jim had kept close watch on Sam's progress getting an update on her every time he popped by her room. Sam had tried every chance she got asking several different people as casually as possible trying to get any morsels of information she could on the mysterious Mister Jim Donovan. Yet she received the same noncommittal answer each and every time from everyone she asked. They would say that Jim Donovan was some kind of corporate officer with a dang lot of clout. They informed Sam that Jim or at least those he was working for were taking a very keen interest Sam's medical attention. After about three hours of brow beating the rehab specialist's  Sam had finally been given the green light to leave the hospital. It didn't take Sam Tyler long too get the Hell out of the sweat suit she had been supplied too wear through her rehab time into a pair of jeans with a plain white cotton teeshirt and plain black running shoes. Sam glanced at her appearance in the mirror of the bathroom as she was preparing too leave. She still had a few bruises and sore places on her body from the battle. Other than a little need of a good rigorous workout too tone her body back up Sam figured she would be back into fighting form in no time. She looked at her reflection  in the polished stainless steel walls of the elevator. Her cheeks flushed a light tinge of red when she took notice that Jim Donovan was cautiously eyeing Sam Tyler's form as well smiling minutely seeming too approve of what he saw. Donovan allowed her too go first out of the elevator. When Sam stepped into the corridor she made a bee line for the doorway so as too get out into the open area. Sam found herself too be rather closed in when she was in her room still feeling the same when she made her way too rehab. But now that she was out in the open air Sam Tyler felt like a large weight was lifted off her shoulders. She turn back with a smile too look at Donovan who stood there eyeing her as she regained her freedom. She was not exactly shocked too see Donovan as their eyes met standing there with an all too familiar to go bag with Samatha's own belongings from her barrack no less hanging in his right hand.

"I had someone pack a little something for you too carry with you." Jim informed Sam handing the bag over to her. Sam gingerly took the bag weighing it a little in her hand but her muscles held up just fine. "The rest of your belongings will be delivered to our base of operation asap." Jim waved for Sam to go ahead and make her way out into a totally new and strange world. The bright sunlight flashed off a big black SUV that was waiting for them right up next too the hospital entrance. Sam followed Jim over too the SUV stowing her bag on the back seat then climbed into the passenger side seat. Jim ambled around the front of the SUV making his way to the driver's side. He careful sat his Stetson in a special rack that clipped the hat to the ceiling of the SUV. Jim pushed a start button on the steering column. The Suv rambled too life in a matter of milliseconds. He then planted a boot on the accelerator peeling rubber all the way from the parking lot shooting out of the gate having the SUV in traffic heading outbound in a matter of seconds.