Say It

You had just gotten back from a mission, and even though you were exhausted, you just couldn't seem to be able to fall asleep. You had been tossing and turning all night, until you finally gave up and decided to venture to the balcony outside of the living room of the compound.

You turned some low music on your phone as you watched the city.

There was always something so peaceful to you in the lights and street noises of the city. Maybe it was the fact that you were so high, it was almost like you could see everything, control everything.

You were watching the cars trail along the streets like ants, noticing how much slower they look from far away, when you heard the glass door slide open and then closed again.

"Can't sleep?" He asked noticing you looking quietly out at the city.

You looked back to see your boyfriend, Bucky, making his way next to you.

You sighed turning back to the city, "No matter what I did, I just couldn't seem to turn my thoughts off. What about you?" You asked softly, "Was it the nightmares again?"

While you were talking he managed to nestle his head on your shoulder, almost to get the same view of the city as you. He nodded softly in response to your question.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You asked tentatively, knowing that was a hit or miss question depending on the night.

"Not right now, doll." He said with his head still on your shoulder.

You both continued to look out onto the city before he spoke again.

"I've heard so much music since I left Hydra, but Glenn Miller is still my favorite." He said, referring to the music you had playing.

You grinned at him, knowing what he was getting at. You changed the music, and 'Say It' was the fist song to come on.

The smooth sounds of the instruments was calming after today's long mission, and you felt yourself relax into Bucky.

After a few moments, he slowly guided your hands to his neck and put his own on your waist. You leaned your head against his chest as the two of you swayed to the music.

You closed your eyes and gave yourself a chance to focus on the lyrics. Your face formed a smile when you heard Bucky lightly whispering the words.

When the song ended, he spoke up, "Never stop telling me you're mine, doll."

"I'm yours." You promised, as you and Bucky continued to dance the night away.