Crack the Shutters

You cool you bed-warm hands down
On the broken radiator
And when you lay them freezing on me
I mumble, "Can you wake me later?"

Waking up next to your boyfriend, Bucky, was one of your favorite things in the world. Even more so today, because with no missions and no work, that meant you got to sleep in.

It wasn't often that you got to wake up at ten, and when you did today, it felt marvelous. You rolled over and reached your hands towards the radiator, which you always forgot to tell Tony to fix.

But I don't really want you to stop
And you know it so it doesn't stop you
You run you hands from my neck to my chest

You rolled back over, softly resting your hands on Bucky's neck, slowly trailing down to his muscular chest.

His eyes fluttered open, as he sleepily asked, "Can you wake me later?"

Crack the shutters open wide
I wanna bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays
Tangle up around your face and body

You softly giggled knowing he didn't really want you to stop.

He suddenly pulled you in by the waist, pulling your body flush against his, giving you a soft peck.

The sun was starting to shine through the shutters and over your faces, but you were to mesmerized by each other to care.

I could sit for hours
Finding new ways to be awed each minute
'Cause the daylight seems to want you
Just as much as I want you

There was a moment, where the two of you laid there, just staring into each other's eyes before he said, "Doll, I could sit here, watching you forever, and I would never get tired, never get bored. You would never stop amazing me."

"You are quite the specimen yourself, Barnes." You quipped back, making him chuckle lightly.

It's been minutes, it's been days
It's been all I will remember

When he said that, you hadn't thought he had planned on doing it right now. You had been laying in each other's arm for what felt like years, but you were nowhere near complaining.

You slowly memorized every inch of his face, everything about him that made him unique. If you had the choice, you would do it until he was all that you remembered.

Happy lost in your hair
And the cold side of the pillow

You flipped your pillow over, as you were slowly becoming hot. As you laid your head back down, you relished in the cool feeling.

His hands quickly found their way to your hair, slowly running his fingers through it. Every so often, a chill would run down your spine as his metal limb touched your bare skin.

Your hills and valleys
Are mapped by my intrepid fingers

His fingers began tracing their way down your sides, pulling you back into sleep. The contrast of his warm body with the coldness of his metal arm created a beautiful equilibrium, which allowed you to fall right back into sleep.

And in a naked slumber
I dream all this again

As you slipped into a peaceful rest, you could help but think about how perfect this moment was, and how you wish you could live it forever. And in your dreams, you did.

Crack the shutters open wide
I wanna bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays
Tangle up around your face and body

Bucky looked down at your once again sleeping form, and softly smiled to himself, because you looked liked an angel, and you were all his.

He admired the way the sunlight painted your skin a soft shade of gold. The way the rays bounced off you made it seem like they travelled all this way just to touch your skin.

He pressed a soft kiss to your forehead, just before falling asleep, and following you into your dreams.

I could sit for hours
Finding new ways to be awed each minute
'Cause the daylight seems to want you
Just as much as I want you